Chapter 24

George is munching on the stalest dried mango slices to have ever existed on the face of the planet as Dream sits across from him with his fingers crossed on the table. It's pure silence minus the chewing sound that George is forced to make due to the jerky-like qualities of his mango snack.

At some point, George swallows painfully and feels the mango bits scraping against his throat until it finally settles into his stomach, and refuses to eat another piece.

He stares at Dream's face.

George really thought Dream could pull through with his cocky, bold alpha behavior, what with him inviting George to sit on his lap and talking all confidently. But once he spied the blush, he immediately knew Dream was probably more embarrassed by the whole thing than he was. It makes more sense this way anyway, George never knew Dream to be the kind of person to flirt seriously the way he did during the stream.

Dream is the type of person to joke, take it too far, and then not know how to return from it, and George is the type of person to know Dream well enough to figure that out. 

He forgives Dream already. George thinks he's basically a saint.

Now the kitchen is completely silent as George looks at Dream and he stares right back.

A beat.

"Your snacks are ass," George blurts out, convinced that the dried mango bits were still lodged uncomfortably somewhere in his digestive system as he spoke, "I would have chosen to starve if I knew this is what you would offer me."

"Then starve," Dream replies, breaking eye contact to stare at his fingers, "Snacks are not healthy."

"You're no fun," George complains as he takes another piece of dried mango out and contemplates it, "Here, try one of your own 'snacks' and tell me they don't taste bad."

Dream takes the piece mindlessly and shoves it into his mouth. A few seconds and an uncomfortable amount of chewing and swallowing from Dream later, they're back to where they started.

George wants to scream up at the ceiling.

"So... are we gonna hang out or not?" George finally decides to interrupt the silence as he pushes the bag of dried mango away, the plastic dragging against the wooden table until it's finally pushed to the edge and as far away from George as possible.

"Let's do it," Dream replies, as if they were about to embark on some perilous mission that required his full determination and courage.

George pulls himself up, completely ignoring the way Dream acts like he's about to go into trial, "Okay! What do you want to do?"

"I don't know," comes Dream's stiff reply as he sits like a frozen statue at the table.

George rolls his eyes to Mars and sits back down at the table, "What do you do when you hang out with other people?"

Dream tilts his head in thought, his first movement since they sat down at the kitchen table after George demanded snacks in his room, "We play Minecraft."

"Nope," George shoots the idea down instantly, "We've been playing Minecraft together for the past six years. We are not using our precious time together to keep playing Minecraft."

"Fine," Dream allows begrudgingly, "Then what do you do when you hang out with other people?"

"Go outside or something, which we can't do," George glares as Dream smiles apologetically, "Cause you're a stupid faceless idiot."

It's a Sapnap quote, and George makes sure he conveys it the right way. He tries his best American accent and deepens his voice, making a serious expression with his face as he says the words.