Chapter 3

"#IWANNASEESOMEASS" trends for hours, and George groans as he scrolls through miles of tweets under the stupid hashtag.

The clip is everywhere, appearing every few tweets as George scrolls.

"ASDFASLKFSDKFSA HE'S SO HOT PLEASE- #IWANNASEESOMEASS" one Twitter user exclaims.

You're missing a "/j," George thinks as he scrolls by multiple similar tweets remarking on the attractiveness of a faceless man.

"HOW MUCH FOR THE PICTURE GEORGE SENDS YOU @dreamwastaken" tweets another fan, the tweet itself followed by that ridiculous image of someone sliding at most two dollars across the table.

George wants to laugh as much as he wants to sigh in disappointment. His ass is worth so much more than that, and Dream will definitely agree.

Curious, George links the tweet to Dream.

George

[link]

yeah dream, how much?

He sees Dream typing not two seconds later, and then a response.

Dream

priceless.

George's eyebrows lift in pleasant surprise, and he's about to type some sort of praise back when Dream follows it up.

Dream

unless someone gives me a million dollars

George

...

im telling them the footcam was your idea

Dream calls him in a panic.

"No, no, don't do that," he tries, "Your ass is... priceless. And wonderful"

"Why'd you say it like that?" George's smile is confused and a little shy as he huffs out a laugh.

A pause.

"To be fair, that footcam idea was hilarious, okay? You just did it wrong. I would have done it so much better," Dream, ever the competitor.

"Oh yeah?" George challenges, "Do it."

"No," Dream refuses flatly, and George thinks he's won.

"This is all your fault," he tells Dream suddenly, "Now they all think I have my soulmark on my ass."

He hears Dream burst into giggles at the thought of it again, and before he can respond George cuts in again.

"AND they think you're getting a picture of my ass," he adds crossly, "It's George soulmark content and DNF in one package."

A wheeze heaves out of Dream and George finds his traitorous lips smiling along, though for what he doesn't really know.

"Well, am I?" Dream asks.

"Are you what?" George responds, eyebrows knitting together.

"Getting that picture of your ass?"

George splutters, cheeks heating up again at the bold suggestion.

"Wha- I- Dream! We're not even streaming, who are you pandering to?" He tries to channel as much indignance into his voice as possible to hide the embarrassment, "And my soulmark is not on my ass."

The last words are seethed through gritted teeth, which Dream apparently finds hilarious because he dissolves into a fit of laughter again.

"You started it!" he shoots back at George, "You. Started. It!"

"I did not!" George defends, "LimbCollector did, and now I will hunt them down."

"That's your next video George," Dream says, as he launches into an intro, "'In this video, I hunt down Twitch user LimbCollector for making people think there's a soulmark on my ass.'"

The "ass" transitions naturally into another one of Dream's ultra-dramatic wheezes and he barely finishes saying the word. George thinks if the fans caught this moment they'd add it to their "Dream the Tea Kettle" wheezing compilations.

George is laughing along now, the moment of shyness left behind as their conversation dissolves into the comfortable casual discussions that consist most of the time they spend together talking.

As they talk, George finds himself trailing his finger around the area of his soulmark yet again, and his mind wanders elsewhere from the conversation they had been having.

"Do you think a lot about your soulmark?" George asks out of nowhere.

There's a startled moment of silence on Dream's end, and it comes to George that he must have interrupted whatever Dream was saying previously.

"Sorry sorry," he apologized as he sighed, "I've been a little distracted lately."

"It's fine," Dream reassures, "But you've been distracted? With soulmate stuff?"

"Sort of," George answers lightly, unsure of his own mind lately, "It's been, the soulmark... Maybe itching a bit lately? Or like, it just... distracts me a lot more lately for whatever reason."

"What?" Dream questions, "Like how?"

George shrugs, only to realize afterwards that Dream wouldn't be able to see it, so he says, "I don't know. I don't know, really. I'm probably just having one of those moments, ya know."

He laughs it off, but it digs a little more uncomfortably at his heart than he'd like to.

"George... Are you anxious about not being able to find your soulmate?"

---

Kang's Note: HA SIKE THREE UPLOADS IN ONE GO. Now you can determine if you wanna stay or not. Please stay. I need you. Pleaseeee. I'll post the fourth chapter if you give me enough attention, hehe. Spare some comments maybe? JK... unless? Honestly though, thanks for just being here. I hope you all are happy right nowww!