Chapter 60

Dream and George, sitting on Sapnap's bed, five feet apart but they're completely gay for each other and are literally soulmates.

Sapnap tosses another curious look at the phenomenon happening in his room before turning his attention to positioning the mic amongst all his other newly-unpacked equipment.

He's been unpacking for the past ten minutes or so, transporting his box of equipment upstairs into his room and cutting away all the packaging tape he had secured previously to ensure their safety. Dream and George had followed him under the guise of moral support, and despite their inflictions upon him at the late lunch, Sapnap is glad to have their company.

Since Sapnap was setting up his streaming equipment, they naturally got to talking about all their own technology and whatever upgrades they might need before things wear out or go out of fashion.

George had fun roasting Dream's galaxy mousepad, and Dream had in turn made fun of George's nasty keyboard. The conversation then somehow transitioned to texting habits, during which both George and Sapnap viciously attacked Dream for leaving them on "read" constantly.

The conversations get them to relax in each other's presence, to get used to being in the same physical sphere, and to adjusting to the in-person dynamic as they go. Sapnap can almost feel normal listening to his friends' voices in 3D now.

Yet Dream and George's slight awkwardness don't relent all that much, and they're still spaced considerably apart as compared to earlier. It's quite apparent that Dream is itching to cozy up to George again, and George has been peering at Dream with glances that go covered by his lashes.

Sapnap will admit that this was what he had been looking for in the morning, a respite from the endless barrage of love particles polluting the air. But now that it's actually occurring, he can't shake the feeling it's not quite right, and he needs to do something to either to figure it out and/or fix it.

Years of third-wheeling have instilled into him a work ethic unlike any other, and Sapnap will say he's top of the line when it comes to this profession.

Sighing, mourning the last of his untainted air before he sacrifices it to the sappy grossness of his friends' relationship, Sapnap plugs his keyboard in, watching it light up approvingly, before turning his attention to the situation behind him.

Fine. He'll conduct couple's therapy.

"So, Dream, you promised me you'd tell me the entire history of how you and George are, apparently, soulmates," he starts conversationally, not even bothering to look back and make eye contact to truly sell just how casual and benign he is.

He can hear George sputter and Dream laugh softly at the reaction, "I mean, I don't know about the entire history but we can walk you through the important bits. George?"

"I mean, I don't- Oh my God," George clearly sounds like he's in pain, "Dream, literally this entire story is just us being stupid. He's just gonna make fun of us."

"I won't! I promise," Sapnap butts in indignantly, "Unless you two really were stupid, then I reserve my right to make fun of you idiots."

"That's literally what I just said," George deadpans, probably shifting around the bed as he complains loudly, "I literally don't even remember a lot of things that happened, it seems so long ago."

"I mean, it's been a long time for me," Dream says meaningfully, "Probably much longer than it has been for you."

From the silence, Sapnap knows that George's interest has been piqued, and decides that'll be the perfect way to reel George into his grand plan, "It'll be fun to listen to each other's perspectives. I mean, I'm guessing you two weren't completely transparent with each other given the fact that it took you six years to get here. And also I need to be kept informed as a member of the Dream Team."