Chapter 51

Dream

@Dream

THE DREAM TEAM MEET UP IS HAPPENING. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. 2/8/XXXX. MARK YOUR CALENDARS IM SEEING MY BEST FRIENDS.

dream

@dreamwastaken

because of schedule stuff george will be moving here two weeks before the meet up date! we'll be making regular content but face reveal/meet up content won't happen until sapnap gets here :)

Just like that, two Tweets and two weeks later, George is aboard a first-class flight to the promised Florida for a second time

Everything had happened so quickly, and as George just barely finished saying goodbye to friends and family, he shut the door to his now-emptied apartment and called a car to the airport.

The plans had been settled not two days after the Julia incident was resolved, and except for a little scheduling issue with Sapnap, things had gone smoothly.

To this day, George isn't sure if Sapnap left him and Dream two weeks just by themselves on purpose or because he really had some family business to attend to, but as much as he loves Sapnap and looks forward to meeting him, he's grateful for the opportunity.

Things are great between Dream and George right now. Probably the best since the beginning of this all when George started paying too much attention to his soulmark. All the misunderstandings had been cleared, feelings had been stated, loose ends tied off.

Hell, Dream even paid for George's flight despite his insistence that his initial request was only a joke and that first-class was way too expensive.

So then what's with the "needing time together?"

As it happens, while the trip-planning had gone smoothly as a knife through melted butter, the more romantic ventures had admittedly experienced more... turbulence.

The two haven't had a meaningful conversation about their relationship going forward since... 

Well, since that time on the MCC server, really.

Dream had said that if nothing was preventing them from dating, he'd be George's boyfriend in a heartbeat. Now that there really was nothing preventing them from dating, there also was nothing on the part of Dream fulfilling his initial statement.

True, George hadn't said anything about it either, but that was only because Dream hadn't initiated the conversation, and he didn't always want to be the straightforward one. If he went ahead and swallowed his pride once again to bring up the topic, it would very well be his third confession attempt.

Since George does not consider himself a pathetic simp, he refuses to go through the humiliating process all over again.

The only way he's been keeping himself sane is by speculating on the reasons why Dream hasn't brought the topic up again, including "we were too busy planning for the move," "he wants to wait until we're in-person," "he can't remember how to turn his webcam on and is currently getting technical assistance," and another assort of self-comforting phrases he's used to tamp down on the ever troublesome overthinking.

He wants to think it'll be fine if Dream never brings it up again and they let the whole event wash away from the folds of their memory like a bloodstain to be cleansed, but he knows nothing will be as easy as that. So he holds onto hope that things do work out, and that Dream does care.

The plane trembles violently all of a sudden as the entire aircraft feels like it's dropped a whole six feet in the air. The shaking doesn't stop, and amidst the loud rumbling going somewhere, the seatbelt sign dings on.