Chapter 25

Dream doesn't look all that impressed, and George is looking at him like a madman.

"C'mon Dream! Don't tell me you've never had a sleepover before!" he exclaims from across the table, slamming his hands down for emphasis, "Wow, you really are lame."

"No, no that's not it," Dream defends as he looks up at George with a sour face, "But isn't that what we're basically going to be doing the rest of your time here?"

George sighs as he slams his palms together and points his fingers toward Dream, "Did your 'sleepovers' involve you and your friend sleeping in two different rooms on two different floors?"

Something dawns on Dream's face, "You wanna... sleep together?"

That startles George, and he opens his mouth to say something, only to have nothing come out.

"Oh! Oh," Dream quickly realizes his wording, "No! I didn't mean it like- oh my god, George. Okay, you know I- Stop looking at me like that."

George can tell from the stammering that Dream is flustered, and feels his own confidence growing by the second. It's a strange thing. It's as if they share one body of confidence, and if one person gets too cocky the other person suddenly experiences a lack of it and vice versa.

"Oh my, Dream," he teases, adding a seductive tint to his voice, "I didn't know you thought about me that way."

Immediately after he says that, George regrets it. He feels his cheeks flaming up and drops his forehead to the table.

"Okay, never mind," George reverts back to his normal tone of voice, "That's so much easier to do over calls."

"Aww," now it's Dream's turn to hoard all the confidence, "Is wittle George fwustered? Are you shwy?"

"Shut up Mr. I-Trip-Over-My-Own-Words," George snaps back, though his tone is light and the corners of his lips are tugged upwards, "Can we please get back on topic?"

"Okay, yes. So you want us to, um... rest! You want us to rest in the same space?"

"Something like that, yes, but a sleepover is so much more!" George gestures with his hands in an attempt to completely sell his point to Dream.

Dream narrows his eyes, "If I remember correctly, Fundy said something about staying at your house and how that was your first sleepover."

George suddenly looks abashed, "That might be true."

"Wait, so you're giving me all this talk about sleepovers and you've only had one before?" Dream has a shit-eating smile on his face that George wants to wipe off, "Do you even know what you're supposed to do during sleepovers then?"

"Ye- yes?" George answers meekly, suddenly a little self-conscious now that Dream's exposed his lack of sleepover-having, "You watch movies and eat popcorn and then stay up way too late talking and laughing?"

A look of approval crosses Dream's face, "Honestly, that's pretty accurate. Did you do that with Fundy?"

George picks at his fingernails, "No. He stayed with me more out of necessity than for fun. But we talked a little."

There's silence on Dream's end, and when George looks up he finds him seeming to be engaged in some sort of an intellectual internal turmoil. His brows are furrowed and his chin is resting on his hands, which almost makes him look like he's praying.

"George," he finally says after a moment of silence, "You know what?"

"What?" George feels the anticipation surging through him as he awaits Dream's response. He has a feeling he'll like it.