Betrayed

Y/N pov

After I woke up Loki and calmed him down from his nightmare, I did not go to sleep. I used my powers to put him back into bed so he wouldn't be uncomfortable, and I just held him for the rest of the night. I was shocked to have woken up to his terrified screams, it took me a few minutes to wake him up and calm him down, after that he just broke down sobbing. 

To be honest, I am terrified. The only other time I have seen Loki so rattled and panicked was when I was injured on a mission. I could tell by his eyes when he woke up that it was a dream about him being the villain. His eyes were filled with guilt, fear, and self-loathing. 

I spend half of the night running my fingers through his hair and thinking more about his dream. After which I get my computer, thanks to my telekinetic abilities, and look through Greek mythology mixed with Norse. 

It took me 2 hours before I found the creatures that we have fought. They were a mix of Norse and Greek monsters, known as a Frost Typhon. The combination between their ice and volcanic origins resulted in powers that felt like electricity. They had horns and were very tall. Frost Typhon's come from a planet made out of fire and ice. The planet is divided into two parts based on these elements. 

I was pulled from my thoughts when I felt Loki start to stir under my arm. He let out a heavy sigh before opening his green eyes. "Good morning, darling," he mumbled until he looked at me and saw the bags under my eyes. "Or should I say good evening, you didn't get any sleep did you?" he said more as a statement than a question.

"I'm alright Lok, I just had a lot going on in my head. Also..." I begin, "If you are feeling comfortable with it, what was your nightmare about last night?" I ask gently. He doesn't meet my eyes as he plays with my hand, "You know you can tell me anything, right?" I tell him.

He finally straightens up before saying, "I do not wish to plague you with my paranoid thoughts and fears, you will end up resenting me for it," he says shamefully while he starts to get up.

Before he gets the chance to leave I grab his hand and pull him back to the bed, "If that is what you are worried about, then you are very delusional. I love you no matter what you fear. Being vulnerable with me just makes you even stronger in my eyes. You have been there to help me on so many occasions, I am here for you as you are for me," I lecture him, "So please, what did you dream of last night?" I question once more.

He lets out a sigh before he starts to tell me about his dream, never once meeting my eyes. When he is near the end of the story and he stops, I know that I was in his dream and must have said terrible things to him like Thor and Frigga before. 

I cup his face and meet his eyes, "I want you to know that every mean thing I said in that dream is not true, same goes for Thor and Frigga. We all love you so much," I tell him as I look into his watery eyes. 

By the time he finishes the story, a few tears escaped his eyes which I gently brush away with my thumb. "Now you know, I dreamt that I killed everyone that I ever cared about. I always have been my worst enemy," he says bitterly. "Once a villain..."

"Always a villain," I say with him. "We have both done terrible things against our will, but that doesn't make us who we are. I don't see you any different Loki, nor should anyone else. I love you and we are in this together."

He looks at my face and kisses me before he puts his forehead on mine. "Thank you, darling. I love you too," he says affectionately. 

I brush the remnants of his tears away just as the mission's alarm blares. "Full team required. Meet on the roof within 5 minutes," JARVIS says through the intercoms.