Shopping

I hugged Loki and hide my face in his chest, "Well that just happened." I said.

"You could say that, but at least we are both still alive," Loki said with a chuckle.

We started to walk out of the gym towards our floor so we could both freshen up from today's events. After my shower, I decided that I wanted to stay in my room in order to avoid awkward interactions with the team. I decided to watch a movie on my computer in my bed with the lights off and eat a hella ton of popcorn. An hour later someone came into my room before saying, "I thought you might want some company after today," I looked over and saw Loki leaning on the door frame. 

It was a very emotional day so I was relieved to be able to share some of today's stress with someone else, especially Loki. I do not cry easily and today was no different, so I just cuddled up to him on my bed as we watched a movie together. We then finished watching The Maze Runner, because Loki had finished the first book. "I still enjoy the book more, the movie wasn't as accurate." Loki rambled on about.

Before you knew it we were geeking out about movie adaptations of books, "Ya, but the whole point is that the movie director is taking some artistic license and changing it a bit. It is a really good movie if you don't compare them, but when you do the book is far superior" I shared.

We continued on in this comfortable banter for another half hour before we decided to go to sleep. "Night Loki," I said as he left my room to go to his. 

During the next afternoon, after I finished my morning routine I went down to the games room we had across from the private theatre. (let's just say Stark is a big fan of pool after a couple of drinks). In there I saw Tony, Peter, and Bruce playing fooseball, "2 on 1 doesn't seem very fair, how about spidey boy and I against the science nerds." I said already putting my hair back in a messy bun getting ready.

"Oh you are on fossil 3," Tony said. 

Peter, Wanda, and I are the youngest on the team (not including my time with hydra) so we three had a good connection. "Sorry Mr. Stark but I think that's a game, we just won for the third time in a row," Peter said politely, Bruce was very chill with this little competition but Tony was getting very into it.

If anyone other than Peter said that to Tony he would have yelled at them for implying it was time to give up, "Only until next time Underoos and Fossil 3." He said before stalking out of the room in a hilariously serious way. Peter, Bruce, and I laughed for a solid 5 minutes after that. By this time it was the middle of the afternoon. When I looked at the date I saw that it was May 26, this sadly meant that my birthday was coming up in a week but I hope no one remembers especially Tony he will use this as an excuse to have a mega party. I am more of a quality over quantity when it comes to socialization. 

When I went downstairs to the main floor, I was ambushed by Wanda and Natasha, "Hey Y/N we were wondering if you wanted to go shopping with us today for some girl time, and maybe get a nice dress." Wanda asked.

This sounded like a nice reason to get out of the compound and to get away from all of the men in this compound. "Ya for sure," I replied until I picked up on a not-so-subtle detail. "Wait, why would I need a nice new dress I already have a couple if we were to go anywhere which I doubt we are, right?" I asked knowing this had Bucky and Steve written all over it. When we were growing up they would always try to make my birthday a big deal, against my preference.

Natasha being the smooth undercover agent she is quickly replied, "No, we just thought because it is getting to be nice weather out we could go spruce up our wardrobes." But I knew better than that.

"So this has nothing to do with the fact that my birthday is in a week?" I asked before going to Bucky's room. "Buck, why are Natasha and Wanda trying to get me out of the compound to go shopping?" I asked as soon as I entered his room. He was on his computer looking up the best gifts for young adult females when I came in. "Oh very subtle," I stated.

Bucky looked up at me and quickly caved, "Look I know that you don't like making a big deal about your birthday because you don't like attention but the team was just thinking about having a small dinner together and a party with only us. Please give us a bone." He asked with his puppy dog eyes.

"Ok fine just as long as there aren't any surprises, ok?" I asked, he quickly nodded his head knowing I wouldn't budge. I then left his room to go shopping with the girls, in a skirt and a long sleeve turtle neck. After browsing through numerous stores we had all gotten a dress and a pair of heels. I got a dark green dress with a pair of silver heels, while Natasha got a black dress with black heels and Wanda got a readdress with gold heels.

We all were beginning to get a bit tired so we began driving back home. "So Wanda, how are you and Vision going?" Natasha asked, everyone knew something was going on between those two but it wasn't official.

Wanda blushed heavily before replying, "We are actually really good, he is really sweet and kind especially when he tries to cook for me." she said with a laugh. Wanda then took the low blow to get the attention off of her and asked me about Loki.

"To be honest we just understand each other really easily, we have a lot of shared interests and both have hard pasts. So we definitely bonded over that." I said. Both girls awwed over my statement in which they then received a punch on the arm. By the time that we returned to the compound Sam and Bucky were setting the plates while bickering over which side the fork and knife go on. We all ate dinner while planning my birthday party, after 20 minutes I started to get tired of all the questions so I headed to my room and read for a while before going to bed.

 We all ate dinner while planning my birthday party, after 20 minutes I started to get tired of all the questions so I headed to my room and read for a while before going to bed

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The dresses above are Y/Ns, Natasha's, and Wanda's if you wanted a visual or you can pick a different dress of course.

Thanks for reading and please comment what you think and if you have any ideas for the story!