Chapter 27

Joker, Jonny, Selina and Pam finally reached a spiral staircase, which they could only assume that Harley had taken. They where all deadly silent.

One word from Pam and the Joker would likely shoot her, Selina was still battling with her urge to call Batman, and Frost just wanted to get in, get Harley and get the hell out.

But naturally, the Joker had other plans. He held his gun firmly in his hand, indicating the rest of them to do the same.

J raced up the staircase, not stopping until he reached the top. And once he did, he got an odd feeling. The corridor in front of him was long, so long in fact that you couldn't see the end. The only source of light was the moon, which was streaking through long rectangular windows.

"Something ain't right." He said, looking around.

"No shit Sherlock." Pam retorted.

Joker shot her a glare. "Keep testing me Pammy, I dare you." She held up her hands as surrender and smirked.

"Err.. Boss, you should see this." Jonny caught a glimpse of something wooden, the long object had hints of blood all over it. He picked it up carefully. With the moonlight casting through the windows and projecting onto it, they could all clearly see what it was. A Baseball bat.

Joker snatched it from his hand and held it up to the light, fresh blood ran down form the top of the bat to the base. The thick red liquid ran onto his hand.

He didn't even flinch.

Selina walked over and gently tried to take the bat from him, his eyes had that unpredictable spark that she'd seen so many times before. She wanted it out of his reach just in case he flipped out. But he had a iron grip on it.

Selina sighed and reached out again. "Joker, it's Harley's bat, not her blood."

"She's right boss, I saw the bodies downstairs." Frost said shuddering at the mental image.

Joker laughed darkly. "My resourceful little Harlequin."

"She wouldn't of left it voluntarily, she has a sick attachment to the damn thing." Selina retorted.

"Yeah, she has sick attachments to most things." Pam said, narrowing her eyes at the Joker.

He winked at Pam. "Oh she's sick alright, especially in the bedro-"

Pam pulled out the knife she had concealed inside her out fit. "One more word and I'll cut your tongue out. I swear it."

Joker laughed. But he stopped when he's eyes caught a glistening moonlit puddle on the floor, close to where Jonny found the bat. He crouched down to his knees and dabbed his index finger in the shallow liquid.

"What is it boss?" Frost asked, getting down to his level.

"Not sure.." Joker placed his finger in his mouth and shuddered. "Fuck! That's disgusting!" He said, trying to scrape the taste off his tongue using his grill. "Why do I keep putting things in my mouth today."

Joker heard Pam and Selina snigger. He glared at them, realising how his words must of sounded to such immature minds. "Don't you even dare." He warned.

Ivy swallowed her laughter and walked over to him, she dipped her finger in the small pool of transparent liquid. "Move out the way clown, I have more experience in this field." She sniffed it before rubbing her finger over her gums. She couldn't deny that the taste sent a cold shiver down her spine.

"Chloroform." She said, turning towards the Joker.

————————————————————
Harley's eyes slowly blinked open. She head a killer headache and her vision was still blurry from her involuntary sleep. While her eyes adjusted to her surroundings, she soon realised that she was laying on her back.