Chapter 5

"We need to talk." Hutch shut the kitchen door and sat down.

"No, no we don't. Last night was a mistake."
Shit, this is all I need.

"Harley, it happened for a reason, you let it happen for a reason." He pressed.

"I let it happen because I was pissed off with J. Nothing more. I don't want to hurt your feelings Hutch, but it can't happen again. It meant nothing to me. I only have feelings of friendship towards you, and nothing more." It all rushed out of Harley's mouth, he needed to be set straight, he needed to know it was a mistake.

"So you just used me to get back at J?" He snapped.

"No.. I er- It was an accident, I di- I don't want to hurt you." She took a deep breath. "Yes I used you. I didn't mean to honestly. I just want us to go back to being friends again Hutch, with no complications, can we do that?"

"Complications? You bitch! You know how I feel about you!" He slammed his fist on the table. Harley jumped, she'd never seen him like this before.

"Hutch please." She needed to calm him down before J heard what was going on. "I love you, but as a friend, I hate myself for last night, but I'd hate myself even more if J found out and killed you."

Hutch laughed. "So your fucking friend-zoning me? Brilliant."

"Shh.. Please Hutch." Harley held her finger to her mouth.

"Don't shush me! Can't you see that I would look after you better than he-" Hutch pointed to the door. "-Ever could. I wouldn't hit you, cast you out or make you give up your life. We could be happy."

"No we couldn't, I love him. He's my soul mate. I wouldn't be happy with anyone else but him. Please just let it go.. I'm sorry it happened Hutch, really, truly I am, but it can't happen again. For both our sakes."

Hutch walked over to her, before Harley could do anything to stop it, Hutch pressed his lips on hers.

"No! Get off me!" She shouted, slapping him hard on the face, busting his lip.

"Fuck!" Hutch held his mouth.

"Touch me again and I swear I'll-"

"You'll what? Tell J?" Hutch was met with her silence. "No, I didn't think so, because that would mean you'll have to tell him about the kiss. Which by the way you initiated!" He wiped his sleeve over his lip.

"Keep your fucking voice down! I love Joker, I. LOVE. THE. JOKER. Why can't you understand that? I value our friendship more than you could ever know, but if your going to be a dick about this whole situation then maybe it's best if we keep out of each others way." Harley shouted in a whisper.

"Harley I'm sorry, please." Hutch pleaded. "I don't want to lose our friendship, I just want it to grow."

"No Hutch, it ain't gunna grow. Y'know why? Because I'm pulling out the fucking roots." Harley stomped out of the kitchen and slammed the door. She took a deep breath an composed herself, then made her way upstairs.

It wasn't until she opened the bedroom door that she realised that she was crying.

"Harley, pull yourself together girl." She mumbled to herself, wiping her eyes.

Joker walked out of the en suite with a towel wrapped around his hip, water still clinging to his muscular torso.

"Hey baby." He kissed her on the cheek, tasting salty tears, but he pretended he didn't notice. J walked round her to get to the wardrobe.

She just smiled at him.

"What's up duck?" He asked, with his back towards her.

"Oh nothing I just-" Harley fumbled with her hands. "Shit!" She shouted. "I forgot the coffee."