Chapter 9

Harley stood outside the front door, and paused for a moment. She didn't really know what to expect on the other side. "Pull yourself together girl." She told herself. Taking a deep breath, she fixed her hair and unlocked the door.

"Puddin' I'm home, sorry I'm late, I went to get my hair done." Harley dropped her car keys in the bowl by the door and walked to the lounge.

"Pud?" Harley leant in the doorway, she saw him standing in front of a large gold framed mirror, fixing his bow tie.

"Harley, nice of you to show up." He snapped, struggling with his tie. His eyes didn't leave the mirror but he glanced at her reflection.

He had to do a double take. Fuck me.

J had to put a lot of tension on his jaw in order for it not to visibly drop. He swung his body round to see her face to face. "You look..." Incredible. "Nice." He had to remind himself that he was still angry at her. She still had to pay for her betrayal.

"You don't look so bad yourself." She smiled, walking towards him gently, she had to give herself a mental high five, Pam's makeover had worked a treat, even if it was just temporary.

Harley walked closer to him, until they were inches apart. She could smell his Armani cologne mixed with cigars and a very familiar metallic smell, almost like.. Blood. She shook from her thoughts and looked him over with hungry eyes.

Joker wore his smart black slacks, a tight, Very tight white shirt, you could see his muscles rippling through the soft silk material. His dark purple leather gun holster was strapped to his chest with his signature revolver connected to it.

She got that feeling in the pit of her stomach. Fuck me. Little did she know, J was thinking exactly the same thing.

Harley placed her hands to his shirt collar, running her fingers delicate down his chest. "Need a little help?" She asked looking at the undone bow tie hanging around his neck.

"Since your going to stop me getting ready, then you may as well make yourself useful." He said coldly.

Harley stopped, she wasn't really sure if this was a warning or invitation. But she decided to continue anyway, grasping either sides of the tie in her hands she pulled him roughly foward, his chest slammed softly into hers. Harley could feel his heart rate increase, but she vowed to herself that she wouldn't look up. If she was to easy, he would suspect she was trying to cover something up.. If he hadn't already.

J looked down at her treacherous little face. "Harley.." His tone was heavy and thick.

She couldn't look up at him. This man, this God that stood right in front of her had made so much effort to make their date night special, to make it up to her for his mistakes. And she'd betrayed him, she wanted to keep quiet, take Pam's advice and remain silent. But she couldn't look at his face everyday and lie.

"J, there's something I have to tell you." Still not meeting his eyes, she finished tying the knot.

"What?" He was half tempted to tell her that he already knew, but he wanted to see if she'd disclose the truth or if she'd back out at the last minute and not tell him.

"I can only tell you, if you kiss me first." Because she knew once he found out, it might be the last kiss they ever shared.

He obliged, just to humor her and maybe, maybe because he was thinking the same thing. The last kiss. J's hands grabbed her face and pulled her lips to his, the kiss was soft and slow, savouring her taste. Her hands tightened around his collar pulling him closer. Joker's hands mirrored hers and grasped her neck.