Chapter 8

*SPOILER ALERT- Shit is going down in CH9*

"Welcome to my humble abode." Pam swung the door open to her small beamed cottage, it didn't really fit in with the Gotham architecture but it was lovely all the same.

"It ain't much but it's home." Ivy pushed the door open even wider and stepped to the side allowing Harley to have a good view of the interior.

The walls had vines an Ivy tangled all around the beams. Red roses, hyacinths and lavender poked out from random pieces of furniture and exotic house plants sat on her windowsill, each named with a tag. They weren't Latin names or even the common wording for the plants, they where human names. Like a name you'd give a child.

"Wow Pam this place- This place is amazing!" Harley walked through the door, she placed her bag on the woven wooden coffee table. "Absolutely incredible, It's like the Amazon rainforest meets English countryside."

Pam stood there looking slightly smug. "It is isn't it? I'm glad you like it Hun." She smiled at Harley and walked towards the kitchen. "You want a drink or something?"

"I'd love one!"

"I'm afraid the offer of Coffee and Tea was a little bit of a fib. I only drink water. Good for hydration and such." Pam looked at her apologetically, she could tell a Coffee addict from a mile away.

"Water then please Pammie." Harley chuckled.

"Don't call me Pammie, it makes me sound like a 85 year old virgin." She laughed. "Call me Poison Ivy."

"Naa Poison Ivy sounds like an STD, y'know itchy and stuff." Harley cringed at her words.

Ivy laughed. "Well you gotta call me something."

"Red." She chirped.

Ivy rolled her eyes and twiddled her hair. "Oh how original."

"I knew you'd like it Red." Harley batted her eyelashes.

"Fine you win, but don't say it around fella's alright? The name Poison Ivy sounds sexy to the opposite gender." Pam began to fill two tall flute glasses full of water and handed it to her.

"Now tell me a bit about yourself, we need to establish a good foundation for your criminal activity."

"Well there's not much to tell." Harley began to bite her nails, she didn't like talking about herself that much, her life was dull compared to everyone elses.

"Don't be so modest, a physiatrist doesn't just stumble into this way of life." Ivy and Harley both took a seat on the sofa.

"Well, I studied the criminal mind at college and gained my doctorate. My parents died when I was young, so I moved to Gotham and took up an internship at Arkham Asylum. I was working there for a couple of months until I met the Joker."

"Tell me about that.. Because not being funny Hun, but your way, way, way out of his league." She giggled.

"I was assigned to him, after he.. disposed of his other Doctors. We had a couple of sessions together and I felt myself slowly falling in love with him. Despite his aggressive demeanour, he's a very caring, charming guy. Anyway we got close and-"

"Wait! You slept with him? While you where his Doctor?" She asked in disbelief.

"No, well, not immediately.. I didn't know I loved him until much later on. And I ain't that easy that I'd just jump into bed with anyone." I'm not like you! Harley bit her tounge and continued. "I'll have you know I was very professional." She smiled. "Anyway, one day we had a moment in my office, he said he'd set me free and that I didn't belong in this way of life."