Chapter 20

Harley stared at the barrel, which was now facing her. Harley's heart was pounding hard against her chest and through her ears. She thought it would burst before Frost would manage the fatal shot.

"Jonny... C'mon, it doesn't have to be like this." She said, not trying to sound scared. But truth is, she was.

"My orders are to destroy the Joker and his Empire. Your apart of that. If I kill you, it will Kill the Joker." He said bluntly.

"That's where your wrong Jonny. It won't kill him, he'll kill you." Harley stepped foward carefully. "Besides.. Who says he isn't on the other side of this door?"

Frost, loosened his grip slightly, but regained it just as quickly. "Your bluffing."

"Am I though?" Harley stepped foward again. "Wherever he goes I go, and vice versa."

She saw a flicker of doubt in his eyes.

Strengthening his grasp on the weapon, he pressed the barrel inbetween her eyes. "It's nothing personal Harley, your a pretty girl, with a lotta potential... Why did you have to get mixed up in all this?" He asked.

"I fell in love." She shrugged.

"It's a shame, it really is.. I don't wanna do this Harley. I respect the Joker, despite his many, many faults. He's an alright bloke, minus the psychopathic tendencies. And your not completely irritating." He said glancing at the door, half expecting the Joker to burst in and shoot his brains out.

"I'm flattered. Really." Harley said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

She glanced at the door at the same time. Expecting Ivy to break down the door and protect her sister in arms. But nothing.

"But orders are orders." he said, returning his gaze back to her.

Harley had to think fast, she saw his finger twitch on the trigger and she was running out of time and options.

THINK! THINK! THINK!

Harley grabbed her chest and gasped. Frost watched her as she gently fell to her knees.

He wanted to help her, seeing a woman in pain reminded him of his mothers death when he was just a little boy.

Still gripping his gun firmly, Jonny knelt down in front of her and put his hand on her shoulder. "Harley?"

And that was the opportunity she was looking for. Harley's head snapped up and she swiftly raised her right hand and threw a punch directly into his throat.

The force made him fall backwards onto the floor. The gun that he was previously holding, had now clattered onto the floor.

"The Damsel in distress act works every time." She said crawling towards him.

Frost was clutching his throat, letting our raspy breaths. "You cun-"

"-Now, now, that's no way to talk to a Lady is it?" Harley said, picking up one of her stilettos off the floor. She climbed on top of him, aiming the heel at his left eye.

"No-" He coughed violently. "Not the bloody eye!" Jonny tried to shield himself, but Harley had locked down his arms with her knees.

"It will be bloody if you don't tell me everything you know." Harley snapped, slowly raising her arm to strike down at his eye.

"F-fine." He wheezed. "J-Just let me go first."

"No chance." Harley said. "Now tell me!"

He took a deep struggling breath. "Crane wants to assassinate everyone associated with the Joker, Until-" Frost coughed harshly. "-Until he's isolated and vulnerable. The plan was to knock off his friends and Henchmen first, so that only you and the Joker where left."