Chapter 18

"Mmm.. Where does he keep the spare ke- Ah here it is!" Harley had found the Joker's spare set of keys in his sock draw. Why hadn't I noticed them before?

Although Harley wasn't happy about J ditching her to go and run around Gotham, she had to admit it was the perfect opportunity to get those weapons she'd promised Pam.

Skipping down the stairs she walked into the shooting range. Harley spotted the cabinet where J kept his spare revolvers, rifles and ammunition. But looking down at the bounty, she soon realised that she couldn't take everything.. The Joker would defiantly figure out someting was missing. He wasn't stupid.

Harley mentally calculated how much she would need, she already had her revolver that she could use, and she was positive that Pam had one. But she needed more.

Making a quick snap decision, Harley picked up the bare essentials. She closed the cabinet and locked it back up again. Now she had to find somewhere to store them.

"Easier said then done." She muttered, clutching onto 2 revolvers, 2 rifels and 3 boxes of ammo. Juggling them in her arms she walked out of the Range.

"Can't put em' in the bedroom- well that's obvious.. The spare rooms? No. Sometimes we fuck in there. Kitchen cupboards? J never goes in there, unless it's to get beer.. But the Henchmen do... Ah shit. Gym? I could put em' in the Gym? That reminds me.. I need to tidy up in there before he gets home. Probably not a good idea..." Harley bit her lip wondering where she could stash the weapons.

Then a lightbulb moment.

"My car!" She ran towards the garage. "He never goes near my car, he's too in love with his own." Popping the boot, she used her elbow to lift it the whole way. Placing them inside, she stepped back and looked at the trunk.

"Well that's a bomb waiting to go off." She said. "Petrol + Ammo = Boom!" Harley shouted, laughing hard.

But her smile was soon wiped off her face when she realised that she still had a Gym to clean. "Awh hell." Locking the car, she dragged her feet off towards the kitchen.

Grabbing some yellow marigold gloves, she stretched them over her hands. Harley picked up some cleaning product and got to work on scrubbing Batman-Crane hybrid and blood off of the boxing bag.

A few Hours later..

Harley was sitting on the bed flipping through a Motorcycle magazine, whilst on the phone to Ivy. She'd blitzed the Gym and even had time to do a spot of ironing afterwards, but it was now past midday and she knew J would be coming home any moment for lunch.

"-It hurt like a motherfucker but I'm telling you Red, I ain't lost my touch. I feel ready, I can take him on, no problem. Kick his ass and Sh-"

"-Calm down Harley, on training session, which by the way ended up with slashed knuckles doesn't make you Jackie-fucking-Chan. I can't believe he didn't question the bruises? Anyway How's the shooting going?" Pam asked filling her nails, also sitting on her bed.

"I don't need practice Red, Shooting is like riding a bike, ya never forget." Harley stated confidently.

"Yeah well less of the ego and more training please Hun, this ain't one of J's half thought out jobs where the worst you'll get is a bump on the head. This is serious. I'd rather not die before I'm 30!" Pam snapped.

"Alright, alright. Fine. I'll practice. But the longer we leave it, the more likely it is that Crane will find J, and ready or not. I will kill that fucker before he gets his hands on my Puddin."

Pam cringed at the pet name that Harley called her boyfriend.

"Yeah well, it won't be long I promise. I have a lead on one of Crane's newest recruits, I'm just waiting for it to be clarified."