Chapter 13

Harley jumped in Pam's car and began snooping around the glove box as Ivy drove. She pulled out some pink fluffy handcuffs and laughed. "Oh, I gotta get me some of these!"

Pam rolled her eyes and turned on he radio, flicking through music stations until she got some decent tunes.

"Harley, before we where rudely interrupted I had some news to tell you-"

Pam was cut off once again by Harley pulling out a lipstick tube. "Wow Pam! Is this your mind voodoo lippy? Can I try some?" She said, just about to apply it.

"No!" She slapped her hand away. "Listen to me for christ sake Harls, this is important."

"Alright, alright. I'll shut up." She said sniggering.

Pam glanced at Harley's direction. "It's about Crane Hun... He's er- Well there's no easy way of saying this.." Pam took a deep breath. "Cranes alive Harley and he's out for blood."

The words rushed out of Ivy's mouth, if she didn't say it at that moment, she never would.

Harley dropped her jaw and sat there shocked, staring out of the car window. Trying to comprehend what she'd just been told.

Things had literally just got back to normal with her life and another bloke was going to come along and fuck things up for her again.

Hell no, not this time. Not on her watch.

"Harley? Harley say something?" Ivy snapped her back from her thoughts.

"H-How is he alive, J shot him point blank?" She stuttered out, eyes still travelling along the road.

"I don't know the details Hun, but as far as I'm aware, J didn't shoot any vital organs. Apparently Crane was found and got medical attention just in time. He's been hiding out, recovering physically from the trauma. But from the rumors I've heard, he wants revenge on the Joker, and if he's after J, then he's more than likely going to be hunting you down aswel."

"He can't be alive, this is bullshit. J shot him. J killed him. Look I have proof!" Harley pulled out her phone and scrolled through old texts between her and J. She found the text which showed Crane's body, with a bloody smile spread across his face.

"Look! He's as dead as a doornail." She gave the phone to Pam.

"Na Hun, look at his eyes. They ain't glassy. He's alive, but barley."

"No Red, this has to be a mistake, someone's trying to shit us up! J don't leave loose ends, he would of made sure that Crane was dead." She explained, clutching onto her phone. But the more she looked at the photo the more she saw that there was in fact, life left in his eyes.

"Oh shit." She whispered, looking up at Pam.

"It's gunna be okay Hun." She patted Harley's knee.

"Okay!? Okay!? How is this gunna be okay!?" She shouted. "I have to warn J."

But before Harley had a chance to dial his number, Pam grabbed the phone from her hand and slipped it into her bra. "No Harley, I can't let you do that." She said sternly.

"W-What? Why?"

"Don't you see? This is the perfect opportunity for you to show your worth. Show that asshole J, that your more than just a punching bag!" Pam explained.

"For the hundredth fucking time Pam, I ain't his punching bag!" Harley argued. "I don't wanna do anything stupid, he wants me to stay safe, not put myself in harms way."

Ivy sighed, she didn't really want to manipulate Harley, especially since the Joker had done enough of that over the past few months, but she didn't have a choice. It was for the greater good.