Chapter 1

Harley was laying on the armchair in the lounge, her head hung over the side and her two toned pigtails where bundled up in a red and white polka dot, vintage bandana. She was waiting for J to come home.

Harley was suspended from action until further notice, J's new toxin experiment went off without a hitch. But when J misplaced the prototype toxin he naturally assumed that Harley had moved it. A simple domestic turned into a full blown argument. This lead to Harley having a black eye and brusies round her throat, but the argument ended with J also having a shiner.

Day 3 of her suspension and she was already getting bored out of her mind. Harley had cleaned the hideout top to bottom, washed and pressed all of Joker's clothes and she had cooked all the meals for the week and froze them, dinner was never at a usual time so she had to freeze the meals and nuke them in the microwave for when J was hungry. Real gourmet dining.

Since the Acid bath there where a few new rules for Harley to obey, especially when she gained the official title of the Joker's Henchwench.

The first being she wasn't allowed to wear her outfit other than on jobs or for J's own personal enjoyment.

2. Due to Harley developing acute insomnia, J used this to his advantage... Which meant she had to wake him up at 6 am every morning on the dot, with a hearty breakfast and a steaming cup of coffee.

3. All domestic duties where to be carried out in the Joker's absence, he never wanted to see Harley doing housework around him, because if she was doing that, it meant she wasn't giving him her undivided attention.

4. She basically had to dress like a nun if she was left in the house alone with the Henchmen, even though the Joker knew she could handle herself, he didn't trust his boys.

5. No public display's of affection. Not even in front of the men, Joker didn't want to look like he'd gone soft.

And finally, not under any circumstances was she ever, and he meant EVER to interact with the Bat in anyway. If she did, he promised to push her out of the highest building in Gotham and leave her in the gutter for the rats to decide her fate. And considering the mood he was in lately, she wouldn't of put it past him.

A chance would be a fine thing..

Dispite being in the game for just under a year, she'd never actually met Batman, it seemed whenever J went on his solo missions he'd always show up, but when Harley tagged along he was no where to be seen.

And that's where he was now.. Duelling with Batman, ruining Harley's plan of a kiss and make-up session with her favorite psychopath. Usually their spats didn't last that long, he'd leave her to think about what she'd done and Harley would leave him for a couple of days to stew in his own anger. Then she would do her usual routine of slipping on a sexy outfit and knock on J's office door. They would both emerge a few hours later half dressed and completely exhausted.

But not this time, he'd dismissed her efforts of an apology last night, saying he was 'too busy' for her, and for her to stop her bitch whining and go and make him a sandwich.

Harley rolled her eyes remembering his rejection, she swore to herself she'd try again tonight, and if he dismissed her for the second night running, she'd move into one of the spare rooms, and wear practically nothing around the house. Just to tease the bastard.

Instead of moping about on the couch Harley decided it was time to give her undivided attention to the second love of her life... Her 'Mr D' not as kinky as it sounds, Mr D was the nickname she gave her bike, it was too confusing for it to remain being called a Harley Davidson, so she shortened it.

Bouncing off the sofa, Harley walked to the garage, picking up a paintbrush and slipping into her dusty grey coveralls, she rolled up her sleeves, tightened the belt around her waist and unzipped it slightly, just incase J came back in a good mood. She caught her reflection in the bonnet of the Audi R8, she looked like a sexy 1940s mechanic.

Harley bit her red painted lips and the thought of a well needed servicing taking place over the hood of his Lamborghini, but that was doubtful.

Turning her attention over to her bike, Harley set up her temporary work station. She was currently repainting the engine covers, on the left side she had a stencil of Joker's jester tattoo with 'HAHA' written underneath. And on the right side she was planning on decorating it with red and blue diamonds along with 'Harley Quinn' Written in fancy writing. She did originally plan to have 'Mr D' painted on there, but knowing J's fits or jealousy, he'd probably have the bike destroyed.

Typical man.

She leant over and pressed the power button on the radio, they where playing this weeks chart music. Thank god! Recenlty J had been playing classical music non stop, claiming it helped him clear his mind. It was driving her insane..Well insaner.

Harley was humming along to the music, laying over the seat of the bike, leaning over to the left side to start painting over the stencil. She'd decided to go for a white skull with a green and purple jester hat.

This was her little project, she didn't need classical music to clear her head, she just needed to focus on something that wasn't him.. Or housework.

Harley had just finished the skull outline when the electronic garage door opened, she glanced up and saw the black van roll in, followed by the Joker's Lambo. She dropped her brush and sat up straight watching them drive in.

She couldn't tell at this point if the misson had been succsesful or not, only time would tell.

Harley wiped her hands down the coveralls and then rubbed her cheek to push loose strands of hair out of her face.

Hutch hoped out of the van, looking pleased with himself, ever since the altercation between him and J in the gym, they had remained distant with each other. He vowed to the Joker he wouldn't train her anymore or even speak to her unless it was necessary. But they did steal a few words of conversation every now and then, just to keep the peace.

He walked past her, looking Harley up and down. He closed his eyes and nodded his head side to side smiling.

'What?' She mouthed at him, returning the smile.

He gestured at her chest and nodded his head again. She looked down noticing her breasts where practically spilling out of her overalls and the smeared paint didn't help the situation.

"Shit." Harley grabbed the zip and pulled it upwards. That was close.

He left the room sniggering, the other henchmen soon followed, after watching them leave she turned her attention back to the Lambo reversing into a parking space.

If he's in a good mood then maybe it's worth a shot.

She unzipped her coveralls again slightly, she roughly tidied up her hair, leaving pink and blue bangs to frame her face and then she reapplied her lipstick, putting on her winning smile.

"J?"