21

"I'm Savannah... Corbyn's date for his party. these are my kids who are you?"

"oh Corbyns your date? interesting he's actually my boyfriend, my name is Christina"

"I thought he was single"

"nope he's my boyfriend.. maybe you have the wrong house"

"yeah maybe... I'm uh just going to go now"

I walk back to my car sadly and put everyone back

"Mommy, what's going on?" Jordan asks

"nothing honey don't worry. I just have to call Corbyn really quickly watch your show"

I pull out my phone and immediately call Corbyn

he answers and I hear people talking in the back

"Hey Savannah," he says answering his phone

"hi-so what's with you and Christina? I thought you were single"

"what do you mean? I am single"

"really? cause I just got greeted by her and when I told her I was your date she looked very confused and said you guys are dating"

"Okay well, we're not. so are you still here"

"yeah I'm in my car, but I think I'm just going to bring the kids home"

"what why?"

"I don't want them going and having fun and expecting to see you, people, again. you can mess with my happiness but you won't mess with my kids. have fun tonight"

"wait but Savannah I wanted you here"

"have fun with your girlfriend Corbyn, goodbye"

"wa-" I cut him off by hanging up and I try not to cry

while I try to fix my self Corbyn runs outside to my car

"Mommy what's happening now!"

"I think we're going home I'm sorry guys I know how excited you were"

"aw, man!"

"I'm sorry guys it's just- I'm sorry"

"it's okay mommy we can have fun together," Ellianna tells me

before I can drive away from everything Corbyns knocking on my window

I roll down the window on his side and roll my eyes

"what Corbyn"

"can you get out of the car so we can talk please"

"What is there to say"

"Savannah I don't want to do this in front of your kids can you please leave the car"

I step out of the car and make sure it's still running before I walk over to him

"what," I say crossing my arms

I notice Corbyn quickly look me up and down and smile

"you look very pretty tonight," he tells me

"yeah I wanted to look good for you but it doesn't matter"

"okay well, that girl at the door is just my obsessive ex-girlfriend. we're not dating, she's not my date she's just here"

"But why?"

"I don't know. Cant you just please come in and enjoy it"

"I would love to but it would probably make my expectations for us too high"

"what does that mean"

"look, I like you Corbyn and so do my kids, but if you're going to be with an ex who still thinks you two are dating, I can't be around you. I'm tired of getting close to people just for them to go and be with someone else. it's not fair to me and it's especially not fair to my babies who love every guy I hang out with. so I'm going to leave the party and hang out with them, and we never have to talk again. enjoy your birthday party I guess, oh and here's a gift"

I hand him a box and he looks at it sadly

"you like me?"

"yeah and I heard your conversation with Jordan and assumed you liked me too but I see you were just lying for some reason"

"I wasn't lying Sav! I do really like you, that's why I keep taking you on dates and asked you out here. I promise you I wasn't lying"

"tell that to your girlfriend. bye Corbyn enjoy your life with whoever you chose"

"wait, Savanah-"

"don't Corbyn have fun okay" I sadly say walking to the front seat of my car

once I sit in it I see Corbyn goes back to the party and I start to cry

I really thought we would end up something

"Mommy don't cry!" Jordan says

"I'm sorry baby, I try not to in front of you guys but I can't help it"

"momma why are you sad," ellianna asks coming up and hugging me

"it's too much right now for you guys to understand. we're going home okay. let's have our party"

"will you cuddle us"

"of course I will," I say with a smile

I swear my kids always know how to put a smile on my face and make me feel loved