Chapter 65

*This is the second part of a double update, make sure you've read Chapter 64 first before reading this one! Enjoy the last chapter!*

Harry's POV

*Two Months Later*

"C'mon Joey, you can hit harder than that!" I yell at the 10 year old whose punch is weaker than Lia's — and that's saying something.

I hold the mitts up in front of me as the kid attempts to punch harder, but ultimately fails. I can tell he's getting discouraged so I drop my arms and he drops his hands defeatedly, shoulders sagging. "Sorry Harry," he apologizes, going to walk back over to the classroom. I drop the mitts and grab his shoulder, turning him back to me. I feel bad for the kid, he's got no one but us at this clinic and I know he gets bullied at school.

"Don't apologize Joey, we just gotta practice yeah? You've come a long way already." I tell him, playfully shoving his shoulder. He groans and stomps his foot, "I just don't know why I can't fucking do it!" He complains. "Hey, no swearing," I reprimand him, watching as he rolls his eyes, "it's not just gonna happen overnight man, be patient. I'll make you the toughest fucking kid on the playground."

I watch as Joey crosses his arms, brows raised. "How come you can swear and I can't?" He asks, all smart-assy and annoying. I lightly punch his shoulder before roughing up his hair, "because I own this fucking clinic boy. Now go into the classroom and finish your homework, I'll be there in a few."

Joey huffs before scurrying off towards the class, slipping behind the doors. I grab my mitts and bring them over to the bench, letting myself sit down for a second as I look around the room. I watch the trainers with their kids and the kids in the classrooms, smiling to myself at how much I love this fucking place.

I can't believe I own it.

It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do with my life now that Lia and I are settled into Boston. I wanted to do something meaningful, something that I loved. I was thinking about going to teacher's college or maybe doing something at some fucking tutoring place, but that all changed the day Connor showed up on our doorstep.

"Nothing's wrong," he quickly said, taking note of Lia's scared expression, "if anything, you'll probably like what I have to say." Lia and I ushered him in as Prince immediately bounded up to him, remembering him from the time he stayed with him before we took him home.

"It's about Matt," Connor said, immediately making me tense. I didn't miss the way Prince's ears perked up at the sound of his owner's name and it made my heart clench. I've gotten a bit better about having Matt being brought up around me thanks to my therapist, Christine. She really has helped a fucking lot, and it makes me realize how much sooner I should have gotten one. I should have listened to Niall after the crash.

Lia grabbed my hand, her thumb stroking over the back of it. "What about him?" She asked lightly. The fear that something could be wrong again was constantly lingering in the back of our minds.

I hope it's nothing serious.

"Well," Connor started, "Matt never got around to fully changing his will, so everything except for Prince was subsequently left to Karina, with you being the next beneficiary if something were to happen to her within a year of his passing." I slowly nodded my head, letting myself digest this information. "Karina got jumped in jail while awaiting trial, she's dead."

I heard Lia gasp beside me as my own eyes went wide, not expecting to hear shit like this on a fucking Tuesday. Connor took in our shocked expressions but continued nonetheless. "So, uh, since it's been less than a year since Matt passed, that means that all of his belongings now belong to you. His money, his place, everything. It's yours."