Chapter 24

*NOTE: We're dumb and just realized that we made a mistake in Chapter 11 (Niall's POV). That actually took place three years ago, not two. We went back and changed it but literally nothing else in that chapter changed, just the time and Niall's age! So sorry!*

Zayn's POV

*Two years ago*

"Happy fucking birthday Zayn!"

I smile wide at Harry as we take a shot of tequila. We're at his house, just chilling with Ava.

It's my 26th birthday today, and I couldn't be any happier. The only person missing from this celebration is Niall, but he said he'd join us soon.

He had to go and visit his brother and their newborn baby so he said he'd be a bit late. That's fine though, I'm just happy he's even making the drive back home to be with me tonight.

There hasn't been one birthday of ours where the three of us haven't been together.

We all met in primary school and were the only three foreign boys in the school, so we obviously stuck together. Harry is a year younger than us so he was separated from Niall and I in the classroom, but he was glued to our side outside of it.

Now here we are 22 years later, still glued to one another.

Nothing has changed.

I can't believe how lucky I am to have them in my life, I don't think they could ever do anything to me that I wouldn't forgive them for. We're brothers.

"Holy fuck man, I can't believe how old we're getting." Harry says, going over to sit on the couch beside Ava, throwing his arm over her shoulder. I take a seat on the chair across from them, leaning back into it.

"Do you ever not swear?" She teases him, making me laugh.

I love their relationship.

Harry takes a sip of water before he scoffs, "fuck no."

Ava giggles at Harry's crass language before moving her gaze over to me, her cheeks tinted red.

She's always had a silly crush on me, which I found to be cute. I'd never fucking act on it though, that's just so wrong considering I'm so much older than her and she's underage, plus I think of her as if she's my own sister.

"What's the plan for tonight Zaynie?" She asks, "got any wild adventures planned or are you letting Thing One and Thing Two take over?"

I laugh lightly at the nicknames she donned Niall and Harry, running my hand over my newly trimmed head.

I miss my long hair already.

"Nah, I've got nothing planned love, was thinking of just hanging out here for the night."

Harry's parents are gone for the evening, which is nothing out of the ordinary, so I just figured that we'd stay here, drink, and hangout like we always do. I didn't want to make my birthday into this big thing, my family already did that this afternoon.

"Fuck that," Harry scoffs, "we're going out. Your birthday landed on a fucking Friday for a reason Z, we're celebrating when Niall gets back."

I playfully roll my eyes, of course Harry would want to go out.

No surprise there.

"I think you guys should stay here, what am I supposed to do once you leave?" Ava pouts.

"I don't know Ave, go paint your fucking nails or something." Harry jokes, earning a middle finger to the face.

I watch them both in amusement, in awe of their relationship with each other despite the large age gap. Don't get me wrong, I'm close with my siblings too, but Harry and Ava just take it to a whole new level. I've never seen anything like it before.