Chapter 25 A

I looked at her in shock.
-Nat...do you think...?- I asked looking at the rectangular box.
-Yes...- she said -But I could be wrong.- she said, giving me an encouraging smile.
"I may be pregnant with Bucky but he's not here..." I thought as a picture of Bucky went through my head and I felt a boulder in my stomach.
-Dad knows?- I asked hesitantly.
-No, I didn't tell him about it.- she said.
-Who did you talk to about it?-
-Only with Bruce.- she said -It's his idea.-
-And let's do it.- I said getting up -Come with me? I'm afraid.- I said.
-Of course.- she smiled at me and stood up.
I took the test, then we locked ourselves in my room.
-Do you look at it first? I do not have the courage.- I said sitting on the bed.
-Ok, it's been ten minutes.- she said looking at the result -It's positive...- she whispered.
I looked up and I felt my breath fail, I had to gasp a couple of times before I could breathe normally.
-I...I...- I didn't know what to say.
I put a hand on my belly.
-What will you do?- asked the redhead, sitting down next to me and hugging me.
-I don't know...he should be here...we should decide together...- I whispered, tightening the dog tags that he and dad gave me.
-I know, but now he's not here and you have to decide. Any choice you make, I will support you.- she smiled at me -Shall we go and tell the others?-
-Yes, but I'm afraid of dad's reaction.- I admitted looking at the door.
-He wants your good, he will support your every choice.-
-Let's go.- I said getting up and followed by the redhead we went into the room.
-Jarvis, can you call everyone, please. Tell them it's urgent.- Nat said.
-Right away, Miss Romanoff.- he replied in a metallic voice.
After less than five minutes we were all there.
-What happens?- asked dad.
-Why so urgent?- Peter asked.
-We understand where y/n's malaise comes from.- Nat said.
-What would that be?- Clint asked.
-I...I...I'm pregnant.- I said quickly showing them the test.
-Is it...is it Bucky's?- dad asked, I nodded feeling my eyes tingle.
-Do you want to keep it?- Peter asked.
-Yes, of course.-
-We will help you raise or raise it to the best of our ability.- dad smiled at me and then hugged me.
-Thank you...- I said only to then burst into tears.
-Hey little boy...or little girl, I'm your grandfather Steve, they are all your uncles and aunts.- dad said, kneeling at my belly.
That afternoon I went to do some ultrasound and everything was under control.
In the evening, after dinner, I went to my room.
I sat on the bed and tried to metabolize the fact that there was a little thing inside me.
"Buck, you should be here with me...with us. It should have been our time." I thought, feeling a tear fall as my gaze fell on Bucky's stuffed animal.
A little later I heard a knock.
-Come in.- I said drying my eyes.
-Hey, are you okay?- dad asked sitting down next to me.
-Yes, I'm still trying to metabolize all this.- I said stroking my belly.
-You'll be a very good mother.- he smiled at me.
-And you'll be a very good grandfather.-
-I know it's still early, but do you already have names in mind?- he asked.
-Well yes. Before you left for Wakanda, Bucky had told me that if he had children he would call them George Joseph and Sarah Winifred.- I said smiling sadly.
-But they are the names of my parents and his.- he said surprised.
-Yep. He told me that you and yours were his second family.-
-We were.- then he hugged me -Now you have to rest, ok?-
-Yes, goodnight.- I greeted him.
-Goodnight.- he said as he went out.
Yawning, I changed and went to bed.
-Hey baby boy or baby girl, I'm your mom. I do not hide that I did not expect you, but I am happy you are here, with your help I am sure I will be able to go on, you will be the reason why I will get up in the morning. I hope you look like your dad. Good night. I love you.- I said yawning and falling asleep.
A few months passed and we discovered that Pepper was also pregnant with a girl and that I was expecting a boy.
After nine months, in which everyone had been close to me to make the pregnancy as easy as possible, the day of the birth arrived, which was more difficult than expected.
Six hours of labor, in which dad had been by my side.
-I couldn't see my daughter being born, I won't miss my nephew too.- he kept repeating.
As soon as I saw the baby I felt that my life had a sense again and, in a way, it was like Bucky was back.
-Here is the new mother.- they said entering the room and I saw they had a bouquet of roses.
As Captain America's daughter they gave me a fairly spacious single room that we all fit into.
-Hello. Thanks for the flowers.- I said smiling weakly.
-You're welcome. How are you?- asked Nat.
-Destroyed but happy.-
-The baby?- Peter asked.
-They should arrive soon.- I said, looking at the white plastic bracelet attached to my wrist.
-Where is Steve? Is with him?- Clint asked, arranging the flowers.
-He went to tell the nurses the baby's name.- I said.
-George Joseph Rogers?- asked Tony.
-Yes.- I nodded.
A few seconds later Steve arrived pushing a cradle.
-Hello everyone.- he said, but they ignored him, basing themselves on the cradle to see the baby.
A few months later he also gave birth to Pepper, little Morgan Howard Stark.