Chapter 9

He handed me a helmet and I put it on.
-So?- ​​I asked hooking him up.
-Perfect.- he said putting on a helmet too, got on the motorcycle, then beckoned me and got on too -Hold on tight, ok?-
-Okay.- I said hugging him with my arms.
He darted through the streets, making me scream in fear as he chuckled.
-Scared?- he asked stopping.
-Yes, enough.- I said grateful to be back down to earth.
We joined the others and entered a room with a yellow M on top.
-Nine cheeseburgers, nine medium fries, four glasses of Coke, four of Fanta and...- he said, turning to me.
-I don't know...peach tea maybe?- I said reading the various drinks.
-And a peach tea, thank you.- Tony ordered at the cashier and paid.
We sat down at a table and I noticed many looks on us.
After less than five minutes our burgers arrived.
Everyone began to eat while I looked at the food in front of me.
I took one of the chips and ate it.
-Mhh.- I said eating others -They are very good.- I said bringing the straw to my mouth and drinking tea.
-Try the cheeseburger, trust me.- said Tony wiping his hands, I took the sandwich and took a bite -So? What do you think?- he asked curiously.
-It's very good.- I said taking another bite.
-Yes I like this little girl more and more.- he said smiling at me as I finished the sandwich and the drink.
-We should go back to the tower, in a while Peter will arrive for training.- dad said -Would you like to train with him?- he asked me.
-It would be nice but I'm afraid of hurting him...- I said looking down.
-We are here to help you, always remember, ok?- Nat smiled at me, I returned the smile.
When we left the place, dad and I got on his motorcycle to return to the tower.
When we arrived dad showed me where the gyms were.
Then I went to my room to change into a white tank top, gray sweatpants, tied my hair in a ponytail and went back to the gym.
Natasha had taught me how to listen to music, so I put on headphones and played a random workout playlist.
I started hitting the punching bag, then when my hands started feeling sore, I switched to the treadmill.
After twenty minutes of running I turned off the tool and got out.
Since the pain in my hands was relieved, I started hitting a mannequin.
I realized it was too much when I saw the mannequin's face stained with blood, looked at my knuckles and saw that the old wounds had reopened.
I sat down on the floor, took off the headphones, put them in my pocket and leaned my head against the wall.
Now without the earphones I could hear my panting breathing and my chest rising and falling at a too fast pace, which I hadn't noticed before.
-If you're trying to imitate Wolverine you're doing great.- I heard a voice followed by a chuckle and I turned around in alarm.
When I saw it was only Peter I calmed down and sighed.
-Oh, hey Peter.- I said -Wolverine is that superhero with claws in Adamantium, right?-
-Yes, it's him.- he said handing me a handkerchief -Here.-
-Thank you.- I said taking it and dabbing the blood that came out.
-You should go to Bruce, before it gets infected.- the boy proposed.
-No, I'm fine. Quiet.- I said trying to smile at him.
-That is okay. So...being that you are much more trained than me...would you like to help me?- he asked -If you want, you don't have to.- he added immediately.
-I will help you as long as you help me understand how to behave with our peers.- I said, holding out my hand.
-Deal.- he said, grabbing mine.
I got up and he did the same.
-Would we begin?- I asked and he nodded.
After a couple of hours of training he was exhausted.
-Ok, ok...enough...time out...- he said, breathing heavily.
-To be the first time you're lasted long enough.- I said wiping the sweat from my forehead.
-First time? Latest long enough? What are you doing?- dad's voice reached my ears.
-It's not what it looks like, Cap, we were just training.- Peter said, blushing.
When I understood what dad meant I glared at him.
-I'm sorry.- he said approaching -It's that you are locked in here for two hours.- he said calming down.
-I'll go to take a shower. See you later.- I said leaving the gym and going to my room.
After I washed and dressed, in a pair of black leggings and a white shirt, I threw myself on the bed.
After about ten minutes, in which I tried to use the phone, I heard a knock.
-Is it me, can I come in?- asked dad.
-Yes, come in.- I said sitting up.
-Fury sent me the documents. Shall we go to enroll you in school?- He asked showing me some papers.
-Yes, let's go.- I said getting up and smiling at him.
-Steve!- We heard Sam scream and step.
-Tell me Sam.-
-Sharon Carter called me. She wants to talk to us.- the man said -She has some information.-
-Where?- asked dad.
-To the old warehouse.-
-That is fine. Bucky, are you coming with us? I do not want to leave her alone in the car.- said dad pointing me with his eyes to his friend.
-Yes, ok- he replied.
The four of us got into the car and first went to school to enroll, then went to the old depot.
I saw a single stationary car and a woman leaning against it.
At first glance she seemed unpleasant to me.
-So Bucky and I wait here?- I asked, dad nodded, then he and Sam got out of the car.
I saw Sharon give Sam some papers while she talked to dad.
After about ten minutes, Sam got back in the car, while she continued talking to dad.
After twenty minutes, I got tired of waiting and I opened the door.
-Where are you going?- Bucky asked.
-To take my father back. I don't like that one.- I said going down.

Steve's pov
I saw y/n get out of the car and come towards us.
-What is she, little one?- I asked her.
-My knuckles hurt. I think Bruce should check me out. Shall we go back to the tower?- she asked.
-Yes, go to the car, I'm on my way.- I smiled at her and she got back in the car.
-Seriously Steve? The little girls?- Sharon asked me.
-What?- I asked confused.
-Don't play dumb. How long have you been with that little bitch?-
-That "little bitch" for your information is my daughter. Sometimes you should listen to Fury's meetings.- I said leaving her open-mouthed as I got into the car.