Everyone, except me, started laughing at my previous comment. The laughing continued for a few minutes, then it stopped, then it started again.

"Okay, stop laughing. This is serious." Ashley said as she was getting her breath back.

Ian was the second person to stop laughing, then Troian, then lastly, Shay. 

"What about the days you're working late?" Troian asked me, getting the conversation back on topic.

"I'll wait for her to finish work." Ian answered for me.

"Ian, you don't have to." I argued back.

"I don't want him getting near you.

I didn't know how to reply so I just leaned over and kissed his cheek. 

"What time do you start work tomorrow?" Ashley asked.

"Seven thirty. Same as you guys." I answered.

"Okay, so we'll be here at seven fifteen to make sure you get to work safely." Troian added.

"Or we can stay, unless you two have plans?" Shay implied.

"You can stay if you want but you'll have to share the bed in the spare room." Ian replied.

After Ian's answer, I stopped listening to their conversation. I needed to think so I decided to go to the bathroom.

"Lucy, where are you going?" Ian asked as I stood up. 

"The bathroom." I told him.

Ian nodded and I headed to the bathroom. I locked the door behind me and stood with my back against the door. 

I know that Ian and my friends are only looking out for me, that they want me to be safe, and I appreciate that, but I feel useless, like I can't take care of myself. I love that they care and I am grateful for every one of them. I love having people like Ian, Ashley, Troian and Shay in my life, but I don't want either of them getting hurt by trying to protect me from Adam. 

I was brought out of my thoughts my three loud knocks on the bathroom door. The knocks made me flinch slightly.

"Lucy, babe, are you okay? You've been in there a while. We're worried about you." Ian's voice came from behind the door.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, I'm okay." I answered hesitantly.

"You don't sound so sure. Can I please come in?"

I turned around and unlocked the door. Ian slowly pushed in open and walked in. He pulled me into his embrace and rubbed my back.

"What's wrong?" he asked me.

"Nothing." I answered.

He pulled away and looked into my eyes as he held my shoulders gently.

"Then why do you look like you're going to cry?"

"Because I'm not okay, Ian, I'm scared." I admitted.

"I know, but I'm not going to let Adam hurt you again." Ian cooed.

"And that's why I'm scared. You and the girls might get hurt trying to keep me safe and the thought of you getting hurt, it scares me." I mewled, my voice cracking as the tears started to fall from my eyes.

Ian pulled me back into his strong arms and held me. I wrapped both of my arms around him and rested my head on his chest. The sound of his heartbeat calmed me.

"As long as you're safe, I don't care if I get hurt." he whispered in my ear.

"But I care." I whimpered.

Ian didn't reply, he just held me tighter. We stood there for a few minutes before Ian pulled away.

"Are you okay with the girls staying here?" he asked.

"Yeah." I answered honestly.

Ian raised his hands to my cheeks, leaned over and kissed my forehead. I smiled at him and we left the bathroom. Troian, Ashley and Shay already had a movie on and popcorn made. 

"What are we watching?" I asked as Ian and I sat down, our fingers intertwined.

"Mean Girls." Ashley replied.

"So fetch." I imitated Gretchen Wieners.

"Do we need to watch this? It' not really my thing." Ian asked.

"Boo, you whore." Troian imitated Regina George.

"Okay, okay, I'll watch it." Ian gave in.

"You go, Glenn Coco." Shay shouted.

"What?" Ian asked.

"It's from the movie." Shay explained as she rolled her eyes.

Ian nodded then reached over for popcorn. I opened my mouth and Ian fed me the popcorn as we all watched the movie.

By the time the movie ended I was lying half asleep in Ian's arms.

"Tired?" Ian asked me.

"Yeah." I mumbled, keeping my eyes closed.

"Put her to bed." Troian suggested.

"Please." I added.

Ian stood up and I wrapped both my arms around his neck as he carried me to the bedroom. He lay me down on the bed then pulled the comforter over my body. 

"I love you." I said wholeheartedly.

"I love you, too." Ian replied before kissing my cheek.

Ian started to walk to the bedroom door.

"Stay with me?" I asked Ian as he was leaving the room.

"Of course." he replied.

I smiled to myself as Ian climbed into the bed and lay down. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him.