Part 48

I sat up in bed and sighed, at least I know Tonys safe.  

"What?" I asked confused.  

"Answer the door." Tony laughed hanging up the phone. Answer the door? No body has even knocked. He's probably drunk or something. Ugh.  

I laid back down in bed and then I heard a knock on the door. What? Is Tony messing with me? I jumped out of bed and stumbled down the stairs.  

"Tony I don't want to play your stupid..." I started as I opened the door. "Jack!" I jumped and hugged Jack who was stood on the door step. "What are you doing here!" I asked.  

"This is for you." Jack said handing me a piece of paper. I unfolded it and printed on it was a map. 

"What is this?" I asked Jack confused.  

"It's a map. I'm here to watch the twins while you follow the map. Have fun" Jack said sliding me out of the house and shutting the door behind me.

I stood outside feeling confused. What's Tony up to! I heard the door open behind me.  

"You'll need these" Jack said throwing my car keys at my head. "Ouch!" I said bending down and grabbing the keys. I headed to the car and saw Jack watching me from the window. What is going on here. It was dark so it was hard to see where I was going. I followed the map to a small area on the outskirts of San Diego with huge gates blocking the entrance to the street. I saw a man stood outside the gate, I watched as he walked over to the car and knocked on my window.

"Mike?" I said rolling the window down. I looked at Mike confused. "What is going on?" 

"Here" Mike said handing me a small blue box with white ribbon wrapped around it. I open the box and saw a small key shining back at me. I looked up and Mike had opened the gate. I put the box on the chair next to me and drove on. I got the end of the street where I saw a house. It was sat alone in the middle of trees. Kind of like something you would see on tv.

I grabbed the blue box and walked down the path. The path was made of stone and was surrounded by roses, they tickled my legs as I walked. I got to the door and pulled the key out of the box. I slowly slid the key in the lock and carefully turned it.  

"Surprise" I heard Tony say as I opened the door. I looked at him stood on his crutches in a suit with a bouquet of roses under his arm.