Part 39

I followed the nurse down the hallways of the hospital until we reached Tony's room. The nurse pushed the door open. I saw Tony's lifeless body laying on the bed. He had wires everywhere and blood all over. I looked at him and felt like I had been hit by a truck. I fell against the door frame and covered my face with my hands.

"You don't have to do this if it's too hard" the nurse said putting her hand on my shoulder. I didn't want it to be real. I just wanted to wake up and realise Tony was laying next to me smiling saying I had a nightmare.

I took a look at Tony's body again and backed out of the room. I ran down the hallway and I kept running until I found some stairs. I looked up at them and started to run up them. I just had to run away. If I ran away, none of it was real. I came too a door at the top of the stairs. I pushed it open and saw the skyline of San Diego. I walked on to the roof and screamed.

"FUCK!" I yelled. I looked over my shoulder to the edge of the roof. I walked closer and closer to the edge. If I jump everything will be okay. I wont have this feeling of being alone. I don't like having feelings! They ruin everything. I peered over the edge and looked down at people in the street below. I leaned over the edge of the roof. I took a deep breath and stepped forward.