Epilogue Part 1

CASH

CASH

"GOOD MORNING, Tita,"

"Cash! Napadalaw ka." Tita greeted me with a warm hug. "Come inside. Eksakto ang dating mo at kumakain kami ng agahan pero kanina pa umalis si Sera. Hindi ba niya alam na pupunta ka ngayon dito?"

I smile at Tita before vaguely shaking my head. "I actually came to talk to you po." I said as we were heading our way to the kitchen where Aunt Via was having her breakfast. I came towards her.

"Good morning, Auntie." I greeted her and kissed her cheeks.

"Kain tayo, Cash." Aunt Via makes an offer.

"Thank you po but I've already eaten breakfast." I politely rejected it.

"Bakit mo nga pala ako gustong makausap Cash?" Tita Rosita asked and motioned for me to sit in the chair adjacent to her.

I pulled the chair and sat down; Aunt Via, who was sitting on my right side, started putting fruits on the prepared plate in front of me.

"Thank you, Auntie," I say, taking a piece of grape and quickly popping it into my mouth. You will never get hungry when you're with Aunt Via because she will always feed you every 2-3 hours. That's what she always does every time we come in here.

My gaze met with Tita Rosita's, "Uhm..." I paused for a second because my heart was pounding so hard against my chest. I took a deep breath and managed a small smile.

I can do this! This morning, I spent a lot of time practicing how I'll talk to Tita Rosita.

"I am here po to ask for your blessing to marry your daughter." Tita Rosita's eyes were slowly widening. Her lips parted with a gasp while Aunt Via, who was right beside me, dropped the fork she was holding with a loud cling when it collided with the plate.

I smile widely while intently staring back at Tita Rosita, so she'll know that I am extremely serious about this. I know that the last time I proposed to Serenity was improper and I was naked. But this time, I want to make it right. She deserves a proper and beautiful proposal from me.

She deserves all the wonderful things in the world, and I am ready to give it all to her. My all.

"I love her so much, Tita. Words can't suffice for all the love that I have for her." I exhale. My hands start to get sweaty. "I have never loved someone, anyone, like this before. Whenever I imagine the future, the first thing that will always come to my mind is Serenity. She is all that I want. She is the only person that I want to be with forever."

"Cash..." Tita Rosita's eyes start to moisten with tears. "Hindi mo alam kung gaano ako kasaya na marinig lahat nang sinabi mo." she says, wiping her tears away with a warm smile plastered on her face.

"I promise that I will take care of her with everything I have."

"Oh, Cash, I know you will," she smiles approvingly. "And yes, I will give my blessing for you to marry my daughter."