Chapter 44

"MOM, I'M HOME!" I yelled as soon as I entered our house

"MOM, I'M HOME!" I yelled as soon as I entered our house. Mom said that she gets excited every time I come home because she doesn't feel lonely anymore. Bryan left my mom just 3 months ago. He said that he loves my mom, but he doesn't want to have the responsibility of taking care of her, and that's just plain bullshit!

If you truly love someone, you will be there by their side in sickness and in health. Mabuti nalang hindi sila kinasal dahil hindi ko alam kung anong magagawa ko kay Bryan kung ganon ang nangyari. I didn't even obligate him to take care of my mom, yet he just easily decided to leave.

Mas mabuti na rin siguro na umalis na siya dahil wala namang pinagkaiba kahit mag stay siya dahil parang wala rin naman siya kahit nandito siya.

I placed the grocery bags on the island counter and took off my cardigan before putting away the groceries that I bought. Ako muna kasi ang nag-aasikaso ng business namin at mabuti nalang at maayos na ulit ang lahat.

"Mom?" I called her again when I hadn't heard from her because usually, she would immediately welcome me back. Natapos na ako sa pag-ayos ng mga pinamili ko pero hindi pa rin sumasagot si mom. My forehead slightly creased, and my heart started beating faster.

Terrified, I yelled again. "Mom!" I immediately went to her room, but she wasn't there. I went back downstairs, anxious, and abruptly noticed a travel bag in the living room.

"Sera! Backyard!" I finally heard mom's voice before I could even check whose travel bag it was. Mom didn't mention to me that someone was visiting us.

Still anxious, I headed to the backdoor, going through our backyard. "Mom kaninong travel—" I wasn't able to finish my sentence as soon as I opened the door and saw my mom with someone.

"Hi, Serenity Rose." His eyes were fixated on mine while he was smiling at me sweetly.

"Oh, my gosh!" I blinked. Once, twice, and the realization hits me that I am not dreaming. My hand instantly covers my mouth in shock.

"We've been waiting for you, anak. Saan ka ba nanggaling?" Mom asked, but I couldn't answer her because my eyes were glued to Cash, who was standing, in flesh, in front of me. My eyes started to water. I missed him so much.

Without wasting a second, I ran towards him and immediately wrapped my arms around his neck. His arms were encircling my waist and his face was buried in the crook of my neck.

I've pulled him closer, not wanting to leave a space between us.

"Bakit hindi mo sinabi sa'kin na pupunta ka dito." I muttered while my face was buried on his chest, inhaling his familiar scent.

Gosh, how long has it been since I left Manila? 8 months? 10 months?

"Then it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you." He chuckled silently. We both pulled away and his hand cupped my face immediately and planted a kiss on my forehead.