Chapter 32

"ARE YOU really not going to tell me what happened between you and Cash?" Curtis asked, and I nodded my head immediately

"ARE YOU really not going to tell me what happened between you and Cash?" Curtis asked, and I nodded my head immediately. He heaved a deep sigh before rolling his eyes in annoyance. I'm sure he is naiinis na sa'kin. He's been asking me that question, and my only response to him is either a "yes" or a "nod."

"I don't know what I'll do to you and my cousin. You won't tell me what is going on while he keeps pestering me if I know where you're hiding. You two are giving me headaches!"

I pouted at him. Napabuntung hininga lang siya nang makita niya iyong nagmamakaawa kong mukha. "You know naman na ayaw kitang idamay dito, but your cousin was the one involving you in this. Siya kaya iyong nambubulabog sayo,"

"You know, he won't stop pestering me until you show yourself to him."

"I know that, but..." I trailed off. I heaved a deep sigh again. "I don't want to see him yet. I don't want to talk to him pa muna." I replied.

"Just tell me what he did to you so I can give him a good smack in the head. At least let me do that to him for hurting you,"

"I am not hurting—"

"You can fool them, but not me, Serenity Rose Madriaga."

"Wow, buong-buo ha!" I chuckled, but Curtis' face remained passive. He even raised an eyebrow at me. I rolled my eyes at him before grabbing the bottled water in front of me and taking a drink. We're at the coffee shop just near The Empress. We had a 15-minute break and Curtis dragged me out of my office kanina kasi siya ang tinatawagan ni Cash.

"Just don't tell him where I'm staying,"

"How would I tell him if I don't even know where you're staying." he retorted.

I giggled at the realization. I mentioned to Curtis that I'm staying at my friend's place, but I didn't tell him where because they're cousins pa rin and I'm not sure baka biglang sumuko si Curtis sa pangungulit ng pinsan niya sakaniya at sabihin niya kung nasaan ako and I don't want to involve Tia in this. Tama nang si Curtis nalang ang nadadamay.

I'm really thankful that Cash hasn't bugged Kuya Baker about my whereabouts. Takot lang niya siguro kay Kuya Baker kapag nalaman niyang pinaiyak niya ako at baka totohanin na talaga ni Kuya iyong pag FO kay Cash. Mukhang seryoso pa naman si Kuya sa sinabi niya sa'kin dati.

We stayed for a few more minutes at the coffee shop before returning na to work.

Curtis called out, "Sera." I looked at him. He had just gotten off of the elevator. I pressed the open button on the elevator to keep the door open.

"Bakit?"

"Don't run away from him. If you don't want him anymore, just say it to his face so he will stop chasing after you. I know my cousin can be an asshole at times—probably taking after his dad, but... I know that he won't be like this over you if you're not special to him." he gave me a small smile after his speech. "See you around," he said before finally turning his back on me while the elevator door closed at the same time.