Chapter 14

"EVO, ANAK!" A woman immediately ran towards our table and hugged the little boy

Nakahinga ako nang maluwag nang mabilis siyang dumating... I thought she had abandoned her child in the middle of the day. Pain crept into my heart. I miss my mom, too. I made a mental note in the back of my mind to FaceTime my Mom when I got home.

If his mother did not appear, I intended to go to the police station. But I was relieved when I saw her running towards the coffee shop.

The woman hugged her son tightly. I was just watching them adorably. The woman looks young. I feel like we're about the same age. She's wearing a plain white t-shirt, denim jeans, and sandals. She's also carrying two huge bags, which made me think that they don't live here.

"S-Salamat sa pagbantay sa anak ko ha," the woman said to me with tears in her eyes. She must be really worried about losing her son.

I smiled at her. "No worries. Your son is really smart." I replied. The little boy told me his mom's phone number, which is why I was able to contact her. He perfectly described her mom to me. Tama rin iyong kulay ng damit na sinabi sa'kin ng anak niya kanina.

"Salamat po talaga Miss,"

"I'm Sera," I said, extending my arms. She gave me a smile before shaking my hand.

"I'm... Tia, and this is my son, Evo."

"Nice meeting you, Tia and Evo," I said, and the little Evo smiled and waved at me. Wala ng luha sa mata niya. I couldn't imagine what Evo felt when he got lost from Tia.

I bought them some muffins and a cup of coffee for Tia. A while ago, I noticed that Evo kept on looking at the muffins. He must be hungry after crying for too long.

"Masarap ba, Evo?" tanong ko sa bata at agad siyang tumango habang sarap na sarap sa kinakain niyang muffin.

"Salamat, ha. Hindi mo naman kami kailangan bilhan ng pagkain," Tia shyly said.

"It's fine. Look at your son. He's enjoying it," I said, and we both chuckled while looking at Evo deliciously munching on his muffin. He had muffin crumbs on his face that Tia quickly wiped off.

"Dahan-dahan sa pagkain anak," sabi niya habang pinupunasan iyong pisngi ni Evo.

"How old is he?" I asked.

"Magta-tatlong taon palang siya. Matangkad lang talaga siya para sa edad niya,"

"Uhm Tia... Do you mind if I ask what happened that you got separated from Evo?" I curiously asked. Tia doesn't look like she'll neglect Evo by the way she's taking care of him now so, I'm really curious what happened that he lost Evo in the street.

Napabuntong-hininga siya at tipid na ngumiti sa'kin. "Hinahanap ko kasi ang tatay niya... Sa sobrang pagmamadali ko kanina dahil sa paghabol sa tatay niya ay nabitawan ko siya. Tapos pag tingin ko, wala na siya sa tabi ko..." paliwanag niya bago huminga nang malalim.