Chapter 45

"I CAN'T

"I CAN'T. I'm sorry, Cash... Alam mo namang hindi ko puwedeng iwanan mag-isa si mom dito. She's getting better, but I can't leave her alone. She only has me." My lips turned down. As much as I want to be with him, I just can't. Sigh.

"Oh no, Serenity!" Cash chuckled silently. "Of course, I don't want you to leave Tita here alone. She will come with us. I already talked to her a while ago and she said that she will follow whatever your decision is." he explains it to me. My heart melts instantly, sighing in relief. He took my mother's health into account in everything he did, and he even asked her first before asking me. Sinigurado muna niyang okay lang kay mom bago niya ako tanungin.

Is it possible to fall for him even more? I just can't stop loving this wonderful man, and I'm so lucky to have him.

"Wait... but what about mom's business? Walang mag-aasikaso noon kapag umalis kami."

"Tita said, you don't have to worry about it because she sold it already."

Eyes widening, I asked. "What? When? How? What do you mean, it's sold already?"

Despite the anxious look on my face, Cash chuckled amusingly. "I think it's better that you have this conversation with Tita." He told me kaya the next morning I woke up really early to talk to Mom, and she said that it's true that our business was sold just a few days ago.

Kaya pala noong isang araw may biglang pumunta sa office at nakipagkamay sa'kin at sinabing aalagaan daw niya iyong business namin. Akala ko nagbibiro lang iyong lalaki kaya tumawa lang ako!

"Mom, bakit hindi mo man lang ako sinabihan na ibebenta mo na pala?" malungkot na tanong ko pero nginitian lang niya ako.

"Sorry if I didn't tell you, Anak, because I know you will be against it."

"Of course, I will be against it, mom! Sobrang pinaghirapan niyo iyon ng ilang taon kaya paano niyo naisipang ibenta nang ganon kabilis?"

Mom sighed before holding my hand. She smiles sadly. "It's not easy anak, but I have to. Alam kong isa iyon sa dahilan kung bakit hindi ka maka-alis-alis dito at ayaw kong hadlangan iyong kasiyahan mo. I want you to be free and happy. I've been uptight to you for years at gusto kong bumawi sayo." she pauses and caressed my cheek.

"I know how much you wanted to go back to the Philippines and be with Cash. I know that you've been crying every night because you miss him, and it breaks my heart to know that you're hurting because of me. But I want you to be with him, anak. I want you to be happy." Tears started flowing down my face.

"Mom, naman..." I sob. "I'm not hurting because of you. Gusto kong kasama ko kayo at choice ko na bantayan kayo. You know how much I love you, and you're the only one I have." I hugged Mom tightly while she caressed my back.

"But you also have Cash now..." she smiles at me after she broke the hug and wipes my tears away. "Dalawa na kami na nagmamahal sayo nang sobra. That's why I made that decision, because you're more important to me. I want you to build your own family without worrying about me, because no matter what happens, I will always be here for you, anak."