Chapter 38

EVO'S GETTING discharged today

EVO'S GETTING discharged today. That's why I'm feeling a lot more at ease because that only means he is getting better. Although, we can't be complacent all the time until we're a hundred percent sure that he's totally fine and won't be sick again.

"I'll call you again later, mom." I waved my hand on the screen and Mom did the same. I gave her a take-care-of-yourself kind of smile before ending the facetime.

Kanina pa ako naka-ayos kaya kinuha ko nalang iyong sling bag ko along with my car keys before heading out.

I can't help but feel a bit tense now that I know I might be seeing Cash with Tia again today. I gave myself space from them after what happened the last time I visited, and Tia didn't question me or anything naman. Which is good, I guess. Besides, it's also better that I'm giving myself time to breathe from everything that's been happening.

The more I see them together, the more I can't stop myself from thinking unwanted thoughts, especially about Tia. I don't want to doubt her or think of something I know she will never do.

When I arrived at the hospital, my heart started pounding. My palms start getting sweaty the closer I get to Evo's room. As usual, I peeked first through the small glass door and then I noticed that I had been holding my breath until I let out a sigh of relief when I saw that it was only Tia and Evo who were inside the room.

"Tita Sera!" Evo beamed.

I walked towards them, giving a small smile to Tia, and greeted her, "Hi."

"Salamat at nakarating ka." Tia says, smiling sweetly at me.

"Of course naman! I won't miss Evo getting discharged." I replied, tousling Evo's hair, and he giggled.

"Salamat."

"Are you all packed na ba? Or do you need help on some things?" I asked. Tia shakes her head.

"Wala naman na. Naayos ko na lahat kagabi pa." She closed the zipper of the backpack she was holding. "Puwedeng patulong nalang sa pagdala ng mga gamit sa sasakyan mo?"

"Of course. Kaya nga ako nandito, e." I chuckled a little. I'm glad that Tia's never been awkward with me after all this fiasco. I really mean to stay friends with her.

Tia opened the TV for Evo to watch, so he wouldn't get bored while she and I carried the bag to my car. Medyo malayo pa naman iyong spot kung saan ako nag park kaya baka matagalan kami at mainip si Evo.

They have a lot of things because Evo stayed for weeks in the hospital. After the first round of moving their stuff to my car, Tia told me that she would just quickly go to the cashier to settle Evo's discharged papers and ask if she needed to pay anything, even though I was pretty sure that all their expenses had already been paid by Cash.

I was heading back inside after putting the last two bags in my car when I heard Tia screaming Evo's name. I didn't know what was happening, but I immediately ran back, and I was frozen on my spot when I saw Tia weeping on the ground and repeatedly calling out her son's name.