Chapter 30

IT'S BEEN a week since the last time I saw Cash, and that was after he showed me the ice cream store that he bought for me

IT'S BEEN a week since the last time I saw Cash, and that was after he showed me the ice cream store that he bought for me. Occasionally, pinupuntahan ko iyong store when I have nothing else to do or sometimes when I crave ice cream, especially in this hot weather.

I admit, I kind of miss his presence. But... I'm also taking his absences as my chance to withdraw my feelings for him. So far naman, I'm doing pretty good.

Isang linggo na rin akong nakikitira kila Tia. Evo's not feeling great, and Tia needed someone kaya I volunteered that I would accompany them for a while, and she agreed with me naman. Plus, I have a car in case biglang atakihin si Evo para mabilis siyang madadala sa hospital.

I heard a soft knock at my door, and Sir Andres emerged from my room. "How was the training for the newly hired employees, Ms. Madriaga?" he asked, he was holding the application forms of the newly hired employees.

"It's going well naman Sir," I replied, smiling a little bit, feeling proud of myself.

After working for months here at The Empress kasi, just last week lang ako may mga na-interview for the job openings, and a couple of days ago, I called a few of those applicants to inform them that they got hired, and yesterday naman nag start iyong training nila.

"That's great. Just so you know, we will be hiring more employees for the next few weeks for every department." My boss said, my forehead slightly creased, and he took that as a sign to enlighten me further.

He sat on the chair adjacent to me, crossing his legs before sighing faintly. Mas lalo lang akong na-curious because of how he was acting.

"I'm sure you've heard about the biggest competitor of The Empress and VM Corp. here in the Philippines, The Imperial. And they were taking the number 1 spot in a flash in the business industry." I gasped. My lips parted slightly, my eyes wide.

I knew it!

Kaya pala I've been hearing rumours going around here about that company! And eksakto pa na a lot of our great managers and employees were transferred to the newly opened branch in LA, kaya we're understaffed.

So, this might be the reason why Cash has been MIA this past week, because I'm sure he's been pretty busy. Plus, his father is Sir VM, and what should I expect pa 'di ba? Siguradong he's guarding his son on what he's been doing and making sure they'll be on top again.

After talking to Sir Andres, I immediately started researching our biggest competitor. I was in awe while reading all those articles about the company. They were all great articles! I couldn't find a single piece of news or article about the Imperial being a trash company.

Uh-oh!

It looks like the Imperial is a huge threat talaga.

I click the exit button and just focus myself on working, but my mind is stubbornly worrying about Cash, if he has already eaten his lunch ba. If he was too busy that he forgets to rest or is he getting enough sleep pa ba.