Chapter 34

"SERA? Are you listening to me?"

"H-Ha? May sinasabi ka ba?" wala sa wisyong tanong ko pabalik. Curtis sighed deeply, probably losing his patience with me because he started scratching the back of his neck before sighing again.

I gave him an apologetic smile, but he just rolled his eyes at me. Ang attitude rin minsan nito, e!

We are at the coffee shop na palagi naming pinupuntahan ni Curtis. We had a 15-minute break and decided to go here because it is quiet here compared to the other coffee shops near The Empress.

"What are you saying ba? Sorry na may iniisip lang ako."

"Is it my cousin again?"

"N-No..." I tried to lie, but I knew naman na he could see through me, kaya I just gave up and slightly nodded my head with a heavy sigh.

"What did he do to you this time?" he asked, with a hint of annoyance in his voice. His face looks irritated but immediately changes to a concerned look when he sees the dejected smile on my lips.

Cash didn't do anything after the talk we had a few days ago at the hospital. I visited Evo every day at the hospital, but I never crossed paths with him. I wanted to ask Tia about Cash, being Evo's father, but every time I wanted to ask a question, inuunahan ako agad nang takot. I am terrified to know the answer.

I was terrified to hear from her that Evo was indeed Cash's son.

I am afraid to get confirmation because a part of me is still wishing that it's not true. That Evo is not Cash's son...

"Wag nalang nating pag-usapan muna." I tried to smile, but it ended up being weak.

"You know that I'm always here for you whenever you're ready to talk,"

I placed my hand on top of his, gently squeezing it. "Thank you," I replied.

#

I tried to concentrate on my work, but my thoughts kept returning to Cash and Tia. I have tons of unanswered questions inside my head that keep on interrupting me so that I can't keep my focus on what I'm doing.

I groaned in frustration. Napalakas yata masyado iyong boses ko kaya nakita kong napatigil si Sir Andres sa paglalakad. He looks at me with his brows furrowed before entering my office.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, Sir. Sorry," I awkwardly smile at him. Trying to hide the embarrassment.

"Are you sure? You don't look okay to me. Do you want me to call Trent to cheer you up or something?" he said before giving me a sly meaningful look.

I let out a soft chuckle before shaking my head. "I'm really okay lang Sir." I quickly declined his offer. Nakakahiya because I know that they are really busy with work, tapos manggugulo pa ako. And besides, I haven't told anyone about Cash and Tia. Even Curtis has no idea about it.