Chapter 22 - More Young Padawans

Start from the beginning

Goldilocks and Merlin walk through the town and come across a very competitive game of soccer. The kids are shouting at each other and running around, all with the goal to win. Ha, puns.

The blonde royal catches my eyes and I make my way over to him, "It's cool, innit?"

He looks at me then back at the kids, "You did this?"

"Of course, I doubt anybody else knows how to play soccer in this era," I reply.

He narrows his eyes then rolls them. Merlin decides to but in, "How do you play?"

"Well, it's pretty simple. Basically, you have 2 teams of people that verse off each other and you just kick the ball back and forth. Try to get the ball past these goals on either side of where you're playing at and just do that over and over again until you win. You also can't use your hands."

"Huh, that sounds fun."

"It is, however, you will be bad at it."

"Why is that?"

"Because soccer requires running and hand-eye coordination, two things you do not have."

The young warlock scowls at me as the Crown Prince smiles in amusement. We all turn back to focus on the kids who are now shoving each other around. The royal asks me whether or not I'll step in and I just wave it off saying they're fine.

They're not fine.

One gets shoved into someone's house and the woman who lives there comes out with a broom, ready to smack anyone. I take all the kids and we run away to a different place to finish playing.

| | |

In the territory of Orin's castle, the King summons an assassin named Myror. The assassin is a bald dark skinned man with an expression that can unnerve even the fiercest of opponents.

King Odin orders Myror to kill the man who killed his son.

To kill Arthur Pendragon.

On the tournament grounds, Goldilocks and the other knights are practicing their housing for the upcoming tournament being held. The blonde royal mounts his horse and takes off, lance at the ready.

The other knight at the other end of the arena charges forward on his horse with the lance aimed at the prince. The blonde prat hits the other knight, effectively knocking him off his horse.

Merlin and I wince as we watch the knights fall off and hit the ground. My best friend's here as he is the servant for the prat and I am here to make sure nobody dies today.

Merlin goes up to the blonde as he trots over, "That has got to hurt," He says, watching the knight hobble off the field to the medical tent I set up.

He flips the visor of his helmet, "That's the point, Merlin. It's not a pillow fight. Fetch me another lance, will you?"

"If it was a pillow fight, I would win," I state. I get and eye roll from the blonde and a curious look from the raven haired one, "What? I was a teenage girl who had sleepovers at one point in my life!"

I get yet another eye roll from the blonde as he trots off again to get into position to face off Goldilocks Number 2. They kick their horses and ride off towards each other. As they got closer, the sunlight bounces off Leon's armor blinding the prince who turns away, withdrawing his lance in the process.