𝕭𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝕭𝖗𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖘

Começar do início

"Sorry," He apologized, but I knew he wasn't actually sorry. 

"Uncle John. I didn't see you there," I said. 

He walked closer saying, "I thought we could talk. We haven't had a chance to catch up." 

"I'm actually just heading out, so. . ." 

I started to walk out but he spoke up, "Well, it won't take long." 

I reluctantly turned around, "What did you want to talk about?" 

"Well, I know you know," he said, picking up a frame of my mom and dad and then putting it down. 

"Know what?" I shrugged, playing dumb. 

"It's really silly to keep pretending. What do you think your mother would say if she knew you were hanging around vampires?" 

"Which mother?" I said, then turned around and walked out. I assumed Elena was already in the car. 

****

"He's just being dramatic. He's not gonna starve himself," Damon said. Elena went down to visit him earlier and he didn't want to eat because he didn't want to live anymore. 

"Why would he say that?" Elena asked, shrugging.  

"He feels bad about hurting that girl," I replied to her. 

"It's very typical Stefan martyr stuff. It will pass," Damon added on. 

"Will it? Because he seemed to be in a lot of pain," Elena shook her head. 

"Yeah. Well, that will pass, too, once he eats," I said, trying to reassure her. 

"I didn't mean physical pain," Elena says. 

I sigh, "I know what you meant." 

"Look, are you gonna be ok if I run out? I have to go run an errand with the teacher," Damon said. 

"The teacher?" Elena furrowed her brows. 

"Alaric? Are you two friends now?" I asked, looking at him from where I was sitting. 

"I don't have any friends," he said, grabbing his jacket. 

"Right," Elena muttered. I kind of hoped he would say I was his friend, but that was a stretch. He probably considers Elena a friend more than he does me. I have to not be not so disappointed when he says stuff like that. Matter of fact, having feelings for him is signing up for disappointment. 

"You should, um, you should stay up here. You shouldn't be down there by yourselves," Damon said to us. 

"We'll be fine," I said. 

"You know. . .you're very trusting of him, given the circumstances," Damon said, turning to leave.

"So are you. Otherwise, you wouldn't be leaving," Elena said, shaking her head a little, making Damon stop. 

"I won't be long," he said, leaving. I guess no comeback. 

****

I was in the living room by the fireplace sketching some antique Damon had when I heard him announce his presence, "Ugh. God. You're still here?" He walked over and picked up my feet and set them on his lap as he sat down.