8. Meeting the Cullens

Start from the beginning

He rubs his hands down his face while shaking his head. "I feel sorry for his kids, his youngest is 14." I look down, knowing how hard it is to lose someone that young is something I hope most kids never experience.

~

It's been three days since Bella left. Three days since Harry Clearwater died. Charlie has been going over to their house a lot because he's going crazy over Bella. I didn't tell him about the Volturi or anything, but I'm going to have to tell him if Bella doesn't come back soon. I wanted to go with him to see if there was anything I could do to help, but I doubt they want a random girl showing up to their house. They don't need someone new coming in and giving them pity.

Today the whole pack and most of the tribe is showing up to pay their respects at his funeral. I mostly own black so finding something to wear wasn't that hard. I picked one of the only dresses I own, something that Piper got me to wear on a date with Leo. I go down stairs to find Charlie fumbling with his tie in the mirror.

"Do you need some help?" I ask. He sighs before nodding letting me take over. I tie it before straightening out his jacket. "There, now we're ready to go." He just keeps looking at the mirror. I put my hand on his arm. "It's okay to cry, I thought you would've learned this by now. You lost a friend too, your daughter ran away. It's okay to show some emotion."

"You're too kind, kid." He smiles. "You and your brother may have this tough act going, but you're really sweet when you want to be." I smile at him too, before it turns into a smirk.

"Key phrase there being when I want to be." I laugh and he laughs along with me. "Now, we should really go, it looks bad to show up late to a funeral." I suddenly laugh, making Charlie look at me funny. I sheepishly smile at him. "Just reminds me of the time I pregamed a funeral."

He arches his eyebrow and crosses his arms, giving me a look. "You pregamed a funeral?" I nod my head. He shakes his head. "Why am I not surprised right now?"

We both then get into his car and drive to the reservation. A lot of people are already there including the pack and the elders. Charlie and I take our seats as the service starts. It's a beautiful memorial with a ton of nice words said about Harry. He was seen as one of the leaders in the community that practically everyone knew.

After the memorial everyone heads to the wake while I quietly slip away from the crowd. There were a lot of people there and I was starting to get a little claustrophobic. I go around the building and hear crying. I follow it until I reach a boy. This must be Seth, although he doesn't look fourteen. I've seen him in pictures, but he now looks taller and bulkier. He's either already shifted or going to soon.

I quietly go and sit next to him. "You don't have to be ashamed, you know?" He jumps looking over at me.

"What?"

"You don't have to be ashamed to cry in front of people. It's hard to lose someone you love, believe me I know, but it's easier when you have people to help you." I tell him, softly.

"Who are you?" He asks, wiping the tears from his face.

"Natalia Di Angelo." I hold my hand out. He shakes it.

"Seth Clearwater, but you probably already knew that." He looks down, most likely embarrassed. "So, you're the demi-god the pack was talking about." He states awkwardly.

"Oh, so you have shifted, I didn't know if you had or were going to." I admit.

He nods. "It happened the night h-h-he d-d-died." He stutters, new tears coming to his eyes. "It's weird, you know. One day he's here and the next he's gone, my sister shifts from the shock of it, then I shift because of the shock of her shifting." My eyes widened when he said his sister shifted. I know in some packs it isn't common for girls to shift. I move over and put my arm around him.