xxvi • too perfect

Começar do início

He blinked in amusement whilst drumming his fingers on the counter and simultaneously chewing his food—loudly—just to earn a reaction from me. A groan escaped my lips as I sent him a heated glare only resulting in his teeth being on showcase. "How are you feeling?" he inquired.

"Shitty," I muttered under my breath, "maybe it's because I haven't spoken to her today." A sigh escaped my lips as I walked over to grab myself breakfast, slamming my elbow on the counter in the process.

Walter sighed, eyes falling on me. "You're restless today." I frowned at his words, frustrated that he was right and when I didn't reply, he went on. "If your girl was here she'll probably lecture your ass on how childish you're behaving."

I wanted to say fuck off, but the words, 'my girl' did a miraculous job in keeping me shut, and the scene of our night in the hotel floated in my memory like a dream.

I remembered the feeling of her hands in my hair, her rosy cheeks and wavy hair and that top I wanted to take off badly. I couldn't deny loving the way her hand fit perfectly in mine like it was made to be there and fuck, the feeling of her lips on mine. I remembered the warmth her eyes had given me everytime they met mine and how her lips were parted when her body was pressed up against mine.

"Are you done?"

The voice of best friend snapped me out of my own head and I let out a string of curses. "What?"

"Now's not the time to fantasize about her," he said, "have you guys—talked?"

"Well, no," I paused. "What if she doesn't want to talk about it?"

"I don't think she doesn't not want to because she never claimed the kiss to be a mistake," he said, "It's obvious you like her and it's obvious she likes you too, I'm pretty sure she's too special for you to let go of that easily."

"You really think I should move to the next step?" I asked, unsurely.

"Trust me on this," he grinned. "And you better hurry up because I'll fucking shove you to ask her out of I've got to."

I rolled my eyes. "I guess I'll also have to shove you to ask Bella out."

"You're right, I should," he lowly breathed out, deeply staring at the counter, catching me off guard.

Tilting my head to the side, I locked our gazes. "I'm always right," a high level of cockiness oozed out of me, earning an eye roll from his end.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night—" he paused for a short moment, taking a spoon out of his meal, "—would you let me speak now?"

I merely hum, crossing my arms over my chest, I leaned on the counter, simultaneity craning my neck from side to side. "Go on."

"Thanks for the permission to speak," he sarcastically called out, making a deep chuckle rumble out from the back of my throat. "I will ask Bella out, but dude Carla is different, she needs someone she can share whatever's holding her back with. You know hard it was to get to talk to her, you know how closed off she was, but now, she's free with you.The summary of what I'm saying is, claim your girl before someone else does it for you."