Chapter 54: Two weeks

Start from the beginning

My face went red with the way she was treating me like one of her children. Didn't she realise that I changed? I couldn't complain as she added interesting detail.

"But isn't it weird, even your mom didn't try to stop your brother nor Serah, it feels like they used the situation well to send her to Ice Moon."

Now that I think about it, my mom complained to my brother a few times about sending her away for a week or two to her previous pack. He never gave in as he always thought that people from there were suspicious.

He wasn't wrong, mom was suspicious in some kind of way. As if she was always carrying a secret with her.

There was no time to lose. I had to know what happened.

"Briah, actually I'm going to see Dina. I have to know the details."

Her smile turned evil in a matter of seconds, with my words.

"Jess, don't be naive, if you want the truth you need to seek a third party. If Dina is indeed in the wrong, would she tell you?"

Her smirk didn't fade, still judging me. But her reasoning was admissible.

"But nobody was there apart from kail?"

"I heard there was one of his guards in formation there but I know no names-"

"Cedric."

It was the first time I took her by surprise. I forgot that Serah herself hinted me.

"How-"

I had no time to lose, I cast her goodbye and I ran towards the packhouse and I realised that I had no idea where the man was nor what he looked like.

I had only one option left. I mind linked my dear and took some time before opening the link.

"What?"

He sounded busy and irritated but I couldn't care less. I had my own priorities.

"Theo I need you to tell me where I can find Cedric a guard."

"What business do you have with me?"

"Just answer me."

He sighed as he knew I wasn't going to give him any details.

"You remember the girl you trained Georgianna? It's her brother, you'll find-"

I cut the mind link not even thanking him. I'd have plenty of opportunities tonight.

I ran to the girl's house, I didn't know her particularly well but with Theo, we took turns training the high schoolers and she was one of them.

It didn't take long before arriving in front of their small house, it wasn't far from the packhouse. I knocked and steadied my wavering breath.

An old woman opened the door and bowed with respect. We passed the formalities and I asked her to call out her son.

Minutes after he was there in front of me.

"Alpha Jessica."

He saluted with respect. I was no longer alpha but beta Jessica but I didn't bother to correct him. We had more urgent to attend.

"Cedric right? I heard you were with Kamil during the unfortunate incident."

He nodded uncomfortably, predicting the next question.

"What exactly happened?"

His hand caressed the nape of his neck to calm down his nervousness.

"Alpha Jessica, I was strictly told by the luna to not disclose any information about the accident."