The Non Date

Thinking I was about to be lead to the movie area, where I could see only a few people getting their spots and things situated before the movie began while the projection screen was warming up, Sebastian had led me instead over to the cocktail area of the roof and smiled.

I didn't know why considering the movie was about to start in any minute. In fact, I didn't see barely anyone here yet. Still, I just let him take the lead and I simply followed.

"Hey, aren't we gonna miss the movie?" I asked mystified. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Nah, the film doesn't start until at least 30 minutes." He told me innocently, finishing up his drink.

Okay, now I was really baffled. If that was the case, why did he want us to meet here earlier than the movie started. This place must get packed quickly.

"Oh! It would've been fine if we got here whenever you felt comfortable. I personally don't mind. Trust me, I've gotten use to the quick pace of life. Especially mine." I assured him kindly.

He grinned and stared at me longingly checking me out up and down, nodding as my heart wanted to go through back flips just by his intense and enticing expressions toward me.

I had never had anyone look at me like this and I didn't know what to do about it.

I just hoped I didn't slip up and say something such as the new feelings I was starting to have whenever he was around or stared at me in certain ways.

"Trust me, I know. I actually think you do a lot Lexi for one person. I mean, from getting your sister from one place to another in a matter of minutes without a sweat...that's remarkable." He uttered to me firmly.

I giggled and shrugged timidly. I wanted to pat myself on the back too but the last time I tried giving myself credit at the award show, it completely backfired on me.

So now, I was never sure anymore whether I should've been proud of myself or not.

"Thank you Sebastian. It truly means a lot coming from you. Makes me feel for once good...about what I do." I admitted to him, now staring back into his eyes. He bit his lip and did the same. I had to get out of this daze right away or who knows what I was about to do any longer. "Uh...so tell me! Are you just one of those punctual people then?" I inquired.

He laughed and shook his head again. "Me? Definitely not. But I did want you here early to just talk to you. You know, in a chill and calm manner before life catches up to us again. Get to know things some things about you." He replied.

I smiled wider and could feel my cheeks starting to hurt from doing so this much. Everything about this was perfect enough for an actual date, but for a non date...I loved it even more.

I couldn't believe all these years I had wasted hating on someone who was actually so nice to be around and hang out with. It was a pleasant surprise indeed.

If only my sister could see the same one day soon if me and Sebastian kept this up.

"Really? Oh um...sure. Like what?" I asked shyly.

"Well, I still haven't seen the best of Lexi Lynn yet." He then informed.

I looked at him mystified and giggled shyly.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked curiously. He stared at me carefully and smirked.

"Has anyone asked you once what you want in your future like ever?" He inquired.

Now that I was thinking about it, quite never. So, I simply shook my head.

He smiled and nodded. "So let's make tonight really...about you." He firmly said.