The Estranged Call

I was in the passenger seat of Sebastian's car enjoying a shockingly relaxing ride before I had to come to terms with explaining Ashley's decision to my sister.

But as I was about to drift off into a sweet and peaceful nap, I could feel Sebastian looked over to me smirking and chuckling. I quickly jolted my eyes open and glanced over to him, sitting up.

I guess I was too comfortable. "Oh sorry." I uttered. He shook his head.

"Don't be. I wasn't trying to tell you to stop. I just find it kinda cool how you're literally in my car right now and the roof hasn't like blown up yet." He informed.

I giggled and nodded. Good point. "Like I said Martinez. I ain't London." I told him. He smiled.

"Trust me, that's what I like about you the most." He shyly answered. That was a first.

All my life everyone wished I would be more like her. Nice to know there was one person out in the world who didn't really care. Surprised though it had to be him.

"How refreshing." I said quietly to myself. He looked over to me intrigued.

"What does that mean?" He asked.

My eyes widened a bit that he even heard me. I quickly timidly glanced over to him. I didn't know what came over me. I just blurted out before I could really think. It was like talking to him with even one barrier down between us was all I needed to be a full access confession machine.

I couldn't just vent out so right away. If this was a long term setup, it would just come back to bite me. I was in no position on having my head ripped off more by London. Being here right now with him, was enough to make her destroy her designer outfits which if one went in her closet as frequently as I did, meant a huge big deal. Place was like an indoor rodeo drive mall.

"Oh nothing. Forget I said anything. It's fine." I then said shrugging. He nodded slowly.

"I get it. You don't want to open up to me yet. Understandable. You don't have to worry Lexi. I told you I want to do this right with you. I won't exploit you or any secrets you have on my channel. You might not believe it right now but I guess I'll just have to prove it to ya huh?" He asked me casually.

I shyly nodded. Glad he knew I wasn't an idiot.

"Fine." He simply said.

I knew he wanted me to take a chance on trying but something in me was still testing out the waters for this newfound friendship.

"I'm guessing judging by your disappointments look on your face after you left Ashley's office, means we're going to be still doing this collab right?" He then questioned. I sighed and nodded.

"Yup! Trust me Sebastian, I tried everything in there. I even told her about our physical injuries and still nothing. I know you don't want to work with London but sometimes you have to do things that might be hard. Surely you understand that, judging by your very challenging way of telling me you want to be friends." I told him, giggling at the end of my sentence.

He laughed and smirked. "Felt like it was 100 years before I said your real name."

We both laughed as I stared over to him and smiled to myself. I loved his laugh too. It made him more adorable than I already knew he always was. What am I saying?!

My mind was right. I seriously was about to consider professional help if I kept this up.

"Why do you usually call me Lynn anyway?" I asked intrigued.

He shrugged and chuckled.

"Because! It was like you said. I grouped you and your sister in one category. Made it easier for me to come up with insults within seconds. I was wrong though..." he started off as we got to a stop light and he turned to me closely. "I should've known you were always going to be better." He finished.