The Surprising Encounters

"Oh, I like this!" Ashley Norris shouted to me happily.

After spending hours last night, rinsing my hair and body off of any leftover food and sticky combinations that was left on me from Sebastian and London's disaster video, I was in her office the next day while she was checking out the whole thing before we posted it online.

Once we barely finished doing that first challenge, I had to stay up till at least 5AM to piece together good content that distracted the fact they couldn't even pull through an hour of doing something they both claimed to love.

Thankfully I was able to however. Though, presenting it to Ashley now just made me more anxious on what she was going to say about the whole matter. This was definitely not the reaction I was hoping.

Wishful thinking, I needed her to see this wouldn't work after all but no.

"Seriously?" I asked breathlessly in shock. She smiled and nodded.

"Yes! Of course! This is good Lynn! I really like the part where they're making eye contact with each other and the camera. Very believable." She told me.

I shyly nodded and sighed. "Yeah...that moment was actually right before they got so angry and pissed, they were considering on breaking each other's limbs and tossing them out our window." I explained really how that went down.

She giggled and shook her head. "Oh Lexi, always with the jokes." She said closing the laptop and handing it back to me.

Beginning to put it away, I knew I couldn't leave this office today still with her and the idea this was going to be possible to make happen. I had to try to reason with her on finding an alternative way to get this work or do something different that didn't involve either of them in the same room.

Clearly though, she wasn't budging.

London had dropped me off here before she went to a friend's house, in the purpose of me showing her the footage and making her realize how horrible this was and I could work something else out.

So far I was striking out and now all on my own. Still however, I didn't mind though.

It got me away from crazy people I lived and dealt with.

"Ashley, we've been one of your best client for years. This situation is bigger than me and anything we've ever done. Sebastian and London are incapable of getting along. I've got chips in places I can't reach! London is being more abrasive than usual. Sebastian is miserable. Jeremy and I even became bowling pins being knocked down." I tried to make her understand.

She smirked and began rearranging her desk tidying up a bit.

"Guess what?! That's life Lynn! You know that as much as I do. Sometimes you have to work with people you can't stand if it means to get your job done. Look, I know she sent you here to talk to me and changing this arrangement but I just can't. Everyone is already excited about it." She explained to me.

I nodded understandingly. "I get that! But London and Sebastian aren't." I informed.

"Then help them figure it out. That's your job anyway isn't it?" She asked me.

I smirked. I was an assistant, not a miracle worker.

But at last, I had to at least try something. So with that, I guess I could try to be a little more nicer to Sebastian than I thought I was already doing, just so he didn't feel like he had both me and London attacking him all the time.

Maybe in due time, he would do the same and in result they would be at least cordial together.

"Thank you for your consideration." I told her.

She smiled and gestured for me to go as I nodded and left the office.

Once I was gone, I started to text London to come back to get me dreading the second she does I would have to explain to her all of this in a way that wouldn't make her too upset.

But just as I was about to press send on my message, I bumped into someone once again as I jumped back and looked at them immediately apologetically. Maybe I did have a problem.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" I quickly let out.

Suddenly though...I saw who it was I had ran into. Jason Sharp.

He looked more attractive up close than I'd ever seen him before. I was surprised it was possible. Smiling and shaking his head calmly he chuckled.

"No worries. It's okay. I didn't break." He uttered.

I smiled shyly not finding the words in me yet. This was definitely a entirely different reaction than when I did this to Sebastian. Which only made this man more perfect for me.

"Well that's a relief." I could only let out. He then bit his lip before snapping his fingers.

"Hey wait! I know you. You're uh...um...London Lynn's sister right?" He then asked.

I stood there frozen for a moment and hesitantly nodded. "Lexi."

"Yeah! Lexi. I'm sorry, I see you all the time being her assistant that I just forgot. I wanted to tell you what you did up there on that stage at the award show...that was pretty awesome. Not many people I know usually stick their necks out there like that for others." He told me.

I smiled more wider as I giggle a little bit in a dorky sorta way and I shrugged. "I-I-I-I was just trying to leave with my sister in one piece but uh...thanks though." I awkwardly replied.

I had to get it together. This was the one time I had a chance to talk to him and this was how I acted. Floundering like an idiot.

"Listen if you're not too busy sometime soon, maybe we can-" he began to say.

"Yo Sharp!" Someone from behind me called out.

He quickly peered ahead and smiled laughing and nodding, turning back to me shortly after.

"Sorry. Gotta go. They want me to run a few promo videos. We'll talk later." He then said, before rushing away from me to attend to whoever ruined what could've been great.

Was he really about to ask me out with only moments of us chatting?

Rolling my eyes ashamed of myself that I didn't do more with that conversation when I had the chance, I continued on about to leave the building finally until I suddenly saw a familiar figure coming into the building , that instantly made me cringed secretly.

Sebastian Martinez.