The First Day

Today was going to be monumental. Groundbreaking. Maybe if we didn't play our cards right...even tragic.

I was in the kitchen the next day prepping for the first challenge we had decided on, eyeing the time and counting down the seconds of where the unthinkable would happen.

Sebastian Martinez would be in our house. All day.

So while London was too busy sleeping in because she didn't want her day to be possibly more irritating than it was going to already, even though I also wasn't a natural morning riser I was still tasked with getting up early and hiding all things that he would be able to use in his next videos, pictures, or comments.

I didn't need more hate and stress on top of everything else going on.

Laying out all the utensils we were going to be working with after coming up with an exceptional idea I had that could please both parties, I had texted Jeremy and put him in charge of bringing all the food items with him.

For Sebastian, all he had to do was just show up and look good as he loved to put it.

Apparently whatever he did with Madison was more important than trying to fix the problem we created.  Now, he was acting like he didn't care about risking his career for a girl calling and him rushing over. Didn't seem like the Sebastian I'd ever knew.

Maybe I was so out of touch with love which caused this pang feeling in my heart that just wouldn't go away after he left me...and the group to attend to her. Maybe I did need to date someone until I had enough courage to even talk to Jason.

You know, just to see how it felt to be cared for romantically or see if it's really worth all the fuss.

Question was though...how?

But since this was the official first day of a new professional working relationship, I wanted to do something like I did with all of London's collab partners to show them how grateful we were in their help.

Well, did without her knowledge. It what was the one thing I personally did to feel connected with our roots through all the glitz and glam of our new lifestyle. Just us being normal and kind.

For Sebastian, he had a single moment where he actually did me a favor which I was still pondering over. I could give being nice another go. The feeling didn't naturally have a limit.

As I continued getting ready trying my best to focus but struggling with it tremendously, the doorbell rang. My eyes widened and I froze knowing exactly who it was. Quickly, I managed to make our kitchen look somewhat presentable before racing over to the front door feeling nervous all over again.

I didn't know why. But I knew one little thing that wasn't right with me or our house, would send Sebastian into a commentary spiral. Sighing and pressing on anyway, I opened the door to see the devil himself standing in front of me alone smiling and leaning against our door.

Man, did he smell ever so good. The power of men cologne.

It could make even the most unappealing person, so much more desirable.

"Did someone order a Sebastian Martinez to make your day better?" he asked me.

I smirked. "Not a chance. If anything, you'll be the stray cat that keeps making his way back to us feeling lost and lonely." I told him. He smiled and chuckled.

"Trust, that cat would rather stay out in the rain than be a company to either of you." He said.

I glared and snickered before I cleared my throat, knowing what I was about to do was so out of character for our track record. Progress had to start somewhere though. So, I just wanted him to know I was still willing to turn over a new leaf and keep trying to have an open mind.

"Oh! Speaking of that! I have something for you." I said to him smiling.

He looked to me mystified. "Are you sure you don't want to give it to anyone else? Or like everyone else?" He asked cautious. I knew he would be.

Having a good mood with each other as I wanted was like asking for rain in a drought but now, he might be better about this after he had time to calm down from yesterday's festivities and reflect on how he wants his career to be still active.

"Oh come on! It'll be fine. Don't be ridiculous." I told him grunting. He already was making me regret doing this in the first place.

"Not ridiculous, just suspicious." He informed.

I opened the door wider, gesturing for him to enter in more. He sighed and nodded hesitantly and entered. I grinned a bit and crossed my arms. This man was something else.

One he came in, I made my way to the kitchen to lay out more of the items we would need for cooking with. Although, it wasn't without seeing Sebastian instantly analyzing every nook and cranny of our house timidly.

He was literally two seconds away from me asking for a warrant if he kept it up.

"So this is where the wicked witch lives huh? Not bad." He then said casually.

I looked to him astounded and surprised. This was a first.

"You actually like something of ours?" I asked, now fake gasping. "I'm shocked."

He smirked now fixing his hair in our wall mirror innocently while I had every urge in me to go over there and fix it for him. I just wanted to touch it at least once and his outfit was just the cherry on top.

A V neck crew and half elbow light grey button down shirt, that made me get turned on for any man wearing that. I was catching myself eying him more than I definitely needed to.

His captivating fragrance and looks was only just making it even worse. Stop it Lexi!

"So! Are you thirsty?" I asked heightening my voice, trying to forget my compelling thoughts.

I was also trying my best to get him away from poking his nose where it clearly didn't belong.

He then turned to me. "Nope." He simply answered.

He then made his way over to our movie shelves and began reorganizing the order we initially had. That was it. This was getting a little too much.

"Oh, oh! Okay! Excuse me?! Do you mind?!" I asked a little agitated.

"Nope." He answered again shrugging.

I looked to him bitterly and smirked, shaking my head. Why do I even try?

 Why do I even try?