The Set Up

It was the next day as me and London were sitting at a table at our local cafe. The scent of a fresh cup of bitter and sweet coffee was dancing up our noses, making us feel a sense of temporarily peace before all the discussions began.

I had started looking over the contract Luke and Wren had came up with and faxed over earlier, while we awaited for Sebastian and Jeremy to arrive to meet us here in a few to sign the agreements.

We were told to brainstorm ideas amongst ourselves of what we wanted to feature in their new apparent web series. The series that was going to possibly end both of their lives, but as long as the studio was happy it didn't really matter. This process was basically all we could say.

So as a treat, I wanted to bring London here early so she could have a minute to calm down and take in all the information she refused to believe was actually happening.

"Lexi? Remember when we were younger and I told you that if you didn't give me freshly squeezed lemonade, aliens would come from outer space and rip your eyes out?" She randomly asked me breathlessly, staring out into thin air with her eyes glassy like she didn't get a wink of sleep last night. I slowly nodded. "Where are they now?! I'm willing to comply!" She finished asking. She then slammed her head down on the table.

Next to her planning out her schedule as well of new videos once all of these unfortunate ones were over, I apologetically glanced over to her pondering over the predicament we were dealing with.

I couldn't believe this was really happening either, considering the past 24 hours were pure lunacy.

London had locked herself in her bedroom for the rest of the night and Sebastian stormed out of the studio shortly after they had both agreed on doing what they were being forced into. Hearing that Sebastian and her had to work together for who knows how long these challenge series last, their feelings made somewhat sense. If this was a nightmare for me, I imagined it was far worse for them.

It definitely wasn't fair how Luke and Wren were behind this without asking any of those actually involved in planning and doing this whole thing out. What sucked the most, was that I also was feeling guilty about it all.

I figured technically I was mostly to blame for this whole mix up in the first place. If I hadn't gotten on that stage and said the first thing out of my mouth, they'd probably be doing what they did best. Being loved by millions.

But now, they had to be hated and fired if they didn't make this work. There was no getting out it now.

Knowing that, made my heart sink with increasing guilt knowing London could've been mad at me and even Sebastian probably hated me more than usual for putting him into this.

I smirked nodding in agreement to her trying to remain on her good side. "Oh come on London, you can do this! I know it may seem bad now and I'm sorry. I feel this is some of my fault. But think of this way! You might get a ton of more fans! You love that don't you?" I asked her trying to cheer her up.

"Of course! But what Sebastian's fans?! Those little jerks already hate me thanks to him. I can't have people not liking me! I'm likable by everyone!" She said firmly.

I sighed. I knew there was nothing that was going to make her feel any different about this.

Just then, the rest of our group had finally arrived. Seeing us first, Jeremy gestured for Sebastian to follow him as they made their way over to us.

I started to stare over to Sebastian carefully, hoping to see he had a better attitude about this than she did. When I did though, all I could see was his sunglasses on still and his body language was nothing like it was before.

Slumped and disinterested.

I could feel in my gut I had to clear things up with him too if I was going to feel slightly better than I did.

"Lexi! London! To what do we owe this early arrival? Getting excited about this after all huh?" Jeremy asked smiling as they sat down. Sebastian of course, right next to me leaning his shoulders and curdled now in his chair.

"More like revolted! We came to enjoy the few seconds of life that we had to ourselves, before the douche squad came and ruin all hope for civilization." London then answered.

Sebastian then took off his glasses glaring at London and smirked not uttering a word still. If he didn't have a snarky remark about that, I knew he definitely was still enraged.

"What's wrong Sebastian? Cat got your tongue now? Or did someone finally rip it out of you to do us all a huge favor?" She inquired teasingly.

I shook my head sternly. This wasn't going to make us better in this situation and I wasn't going to let her berate him thinking it was a good idea right now.

"London, come on. He just got here. Do we have to start-" I began to plea. Sebastian shook his head and chuckled, finally turning to me.

I could instantly feel a rush of nerves inside me once again. Just by one look of his soft yet focused green eyes were simply just captivating. I admired them greatly.

"No it's okay Lexi. I can take it. London if I really wanted to hear a wild animal's opinion, I'd gone to the zoo instead. At least they'll look a lot prettier!" He then snapped.

London grunted and glared to him icily. "Oh no you didn't!"

Quickly, he smiled smugly and got up, heading over to get in line to place an order for himself.

Jeremy shyly smiled to me and shrugged. "Nice to know we're all having fun here already." He said sarcastically. I let out a small sigh knowing that would never happened.

Before I knew it, I had then got up and followed Sebastian to the front counter of the line feeling my knees buckling and shaking uncontrollably. I hope that if I tried to apologize, maybe it would make his mood about me somewhat unlikable like normal verses now. I strangely just wanted to see what I could do though to make him less tense.

Who knows? Maybe if I try to make something good come out of this by being at least kinda nice to the dipstick, we could get through it in one piece.

But even I thought that chance however, was one in a million.