The Night Out

Tonight was going to be memorable.

I was finishing up getting ready, brushing my wet tangled hair in front of my vanity while replaying those six words over and over again in my head in hopes that it would be. Then again however, I didn't know what to expect with Sebastian hardly ever.

Being alone with him finally after all this time, especially at night was something so out there and odd. I was getting really excited for it.

He had texted me that he wanted to come and get me and had picked a place called the "Movie Mania Rooftop" lounge, where it showcased movies every Friday night on the top of a big five star hotel and I was ready for it.

I had to also keep relying in my head though, that there would be no romantic thoughts or assumptions like I'd been feeling lately for the strangest and oddest reasons. To be honest, the whole movie night idea felt like it's going to be lighthearted, fun, and cozy.

He told me to dress not so casual yet laid back so I ran with that. Knowing things weren't going to be easy to explain to London, I decided I could easily just meet him there.

The last thing I needed for this night to go wrong, was her finding out about it in the first place.

Getting through the last knots, I then heard a knock on my bedroom door as I looked up and saw my sister standing in the middle of the doorway smiling excitedly, dressed in her pajamas.

"I'm ready Lexi!" She then yelled happily entering inside.

I peered to her with a bewildered expression, before I quickly turned to take a quick scan of the room to ensure there was nothing that screamed I was going on a date with her arch enemy.

I mean, non date. This was purely just a night out. I really had to be careful with these slip ups. I didn't know what was happening to me. It was like I was wanting this to be somewhat romantic which I knew would be crazy, considering I just became friends with the man.

I would be lying to myself though if I didn't admit I did feel something hinting at something more in the back of my mind like before, but it was beyond not plausible. If this friendship was proving to be a real piece of work in itself, being something more would be extremely challenging.

"Ready? For what?" I asked her. She looked to me bitterly.

"Our movie night! Hello?! We do this every Friday!" She exclaimed. My body tensed up.

I completely forgot all about that. It was a tradition we did even before London became discovered that I never backed out of.

I started to feel terrible but I knew if I canceled my plans with Sebastian now, I would be technically doing what he did to me. Then, I really wouldn't blame him for strongly disliking me, and this arrangement would quickly be impossible.

"Oh my god London I am so sorry! I kinda made plans already. Can we please reschedule?" I asked shyly. She sighed and grunted.

"Reschedule? Have you seen my schedule?" She started to ask before she pondered over her own words and smirked. "Well obvi, since you are the one who makes my schedule. Still though! I won't have time for us to do it again!" She finished with a small whine.

I didn't know why she was being so upset about it.

She always did this to me when one of her WeView friends wanted to hang out with her, during a lot of our movie nights and she would simply just tell me and I quote "Girl's gotta grow" and dip out, leaving me with an substantial amount of popcorn to stuff my face with.

I sighed and turned to her and apologetically smiled. "I'll make it up to you. Promise."

"But where are you going now?" She then asked.