CHAPTER 61

CHAPTER 61: GETTING TO KNOW YOU

(A/N: So yeah.. I forgot to tell you guys in the last chapter, but the story will be in THIRD PERSON'S POV now so that I dont need to tell you guys.)

*****

"Looking for someone?" Jin asks and Mina shyly nods. "Is that person me by any chance?"

Mina just nods against she slowly opens her backpack. She then takes out the jacket that Jin lend her last night.

"T-thanks for letting me use it.. I forgot to give it back.. so I went and washed it in return." She then hands the jacket to Jin who takes it and bowed at her. "Thanks so much." He replies as he wore the jacket.

"Its fine.. thank you for getting me out of the rain." Mina then bows as she takes a deep breath. "Anyways, I'll be going now." But before she could leave, Jin holds her wrist.

"Have you eaten yet? I can cook you something." Jin asks and Mina just shake her head no. "O-oh.. you don't need to. I'm about to go back to the dorm anyways."

Jin just grins. "Why now? Its still early. Come on, you won't regret it." And so, he then leads Mina to the building he studies at.

*****

After a few minutes of walking, they arrived at another building with a huge arch with a sign: "CULINARY ARTS"

Mina was nervous to say the least. She hasn't been to this building before yet alone be with someone she doesn't complety know. But even so, she trusted Jin.

"You know, I was actually the president and representative of culinary arts in this school." He says and Mina's eyes widen.

"Oh.. why am I at the presence of someone with high status..?" Mina suddenly mumbles and Jin laughs.

"Oh dont worry. I'm not all about popularity anyways. I just wanted to let you know." Mina just nods as they arrived at a locked door.

Jin then reaches for his pocket and takes a chain with a key. He then puts it on the lock and it opens, making Mina nervous.

"I'm the president remember? The teachers here entrusted me with a key to a kitchen. Dont worry, I'm not a burglar." Mina just shyly nods as she and Jin enters the vacant and big kitchen.

Mina was surprised to see such a beautiful room. It was filled with all kitchen appliances you could ever need.

"If you must know, I was chosen as the representative of culinary arts to attend a three month trial scholarship at another culinary arts school at Busan and was given a task." Jin starts as he sits Mina at a judging table for teachers. He then unfolds an apron from a counter and wore it like a professional.

"I was told to study there and take one of the most important trial or test in this university before I graduate." He then washes his hands before grabbing some vegetable from the large refrigerator and began washing them. And after that, he chops the vegetables, takes a pan and started the stove.

"And if I pass that test, I'd get a scholarship at the States. And it's been a dream to be a world class chef.." he says with a smile as he sauteed the vegetables on the pan and adding some seasonings in which made the vegetables omit a strong aroma which made Mina quite shocked as she watched him cook and talk.

Jin then opens the refrigerator once more and takes out some meat. He then mixed some savory liquids and used it to marinated and cooked them.

"And you know.. I didn't know why I wanted to cook in the first place.. I just really adored how my grandma cook. And she was actually the one who fueled my passion for culinary arts." Jin explains as he places the cooked meat in a chopping board. He then cut the meat into smaller pieces and began his plating.