CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5: HEAVY THINKING

JIMIN'S POV

It's been an hour since we got back and here I am, laying on my bed thinking...

I can't believe it... she's actually here.. after 8 years... I finally saw her again...

She was the one... the one that made me who I am today... she made me believe in myself. Made me stand up for myself, be independent... be strong...

I haven't even forgetten about how we met...

FLASHBACK

(A/N: flashback will be in italic and present time thoughts would be original)

8 years ago... (14 years old Jimin)

Here I was again... being alone in my corner at the back of the classroom with my head down on my desk... waiting for the teacher to arrive so we can start.

"Hey nerd! Look at me!" One of those bullies, Kai, shouted as he threw a crumpled paper at my head.

I hesitately look up and one of them pushed my head down back to my desk. It hurt a lot since I wasn't prepared for what they would do... but I should have known they would do something to hurt me. Now my nose hurts...

I still remember as they use my weak self as their easy target... those were rough times...

"Can you guys just leave me alone? I'm not in the mood..." I try to reason out but they just scoffed.

"You think really think we'd stop? You should get used to us by now."

"Mr. Kim would you mind sitting down and listen to teacher's remarks?" The teacher said as he stood up tall and crossed his arms glaring at Kai.

"Y-yes o-of course sir." He stutters as he went back to his seat. Finally, the fricking teacher showed up. I didn't wanna have to deal with him again.

"So before we start, I just want to announce that a new student will be joining us today. Please welcome your new foreigner classmate, ms. Myoui Mina."

As the teacher said his remarks, a girl with a cute penguin backpack went in and spoke.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Mina-imnida, it's so nice to meet you all!" She introduces herself as she bows.

Ahh... I remember when I first saw her... her cute little bag to her face and posture.. I thought she would be one of those girls who loved make-up and things and ignore me like I don't exist at all... I guess I was used to it back then.. but oh was I wrong...

"Thank you for that warm welcome, there are 3 vacant seats avalable. Just pick one and take a seat." The teacher said and she looked around. She could either go for the front seat, the one seat in the middle, or the one at the back... next to me...

I didn't bother watching her ignore me so I just put my head on my desk.

But to my surprise, I heard a noise from next to me. Turns out she took the seat next to the and gave me a warm smile... I knew that wouldn't last long so I just ignored it.

"Hi! My name is Mina! But you can call me Minari." The girl said to me as she gave me another smile and I just looked at her and shrugged.

"Park Jimin." I deadpanned said to her and she just giggles. "What's so funny?" I asked.

"Hehe, that was just adorable, I can't wait for me to be your friend." Mina cheerfully said as she patted my back.

That was the first time a classmate touched me without it being a slap or punch in the face.