CHAPTER 36

CHAPTER 36: OUR PASTS..

JIMIN'S POV

After sitting around the bench.. under the shade of the white cherry blossom... we looked at the white ribbon.. tied on a branch of the tree as it swayed from the light breeze.

We were both pretty relaxed.. but both of us knew that we had to talk anyways..

"So.. when you said 'let's start'.. should we start..?" I asked and she hesitated.. and looked away.

"Is something wrong?" I ask and she sighs. "Well.. it's just that.. I never thought we'd actually be talking about this right now.."

I just smiled as I held onto her hand that was resting on her lap.

"Really? But you'd think I would let you wipe the sweat of my upper body?" I asked and she gives me an uncertain look. "Yeah.. and you allowed me to.."

"Right.. that was because I trust you completely. Even if you won't trust me back.. I'll tell you anything out of honesty.. because I'll tell you anything just to be with you again." I explained and slowly leaned in forward..

She froze for a little.. but then, she went and pinched my cheeks.. making me move backwards and touch my pinched cheek.

"Jimin.. don't go all desperate on me.. but I'll take your word.." she then says as I nod and take a deeo breath.

And then.. there was a moment of silence between us..

"Will it help if I go about my past first?" I ask and she looks at me.

"Do you want to?" She asks and I once again held onto her hand. "Of course.. we've been seperated for too long... I don't mind.." I said as I take a deep breath and embraced myself for a lot of explaining...

FLASHBACK (7 YEARS AGO, SUMMER VACATION)

"Jimin.." I heard someone knock on my bedroom door.

Why is someone here.. I thought I didn't want anybody to disturb me right now..

I walked to the door to see a smiling boy. I just give him my daily miserable look as he just went inside my room.

"Why are you here Baekhyun..?" I ask as he just sits on my bed and crosses his arms.

"C'mon.. it's almost been a year since your tragedy happen and months since you told me and the others.. you should be happy again." He says as I just sat next to him. "Who even let you in anyway?"

"The nice maids.. as they saw my face, they practically opened the door for me when I could've done that myself." He explains as he stands up. "Besides.. even they are worried about your well being.. c'mon.. the others are waiting for us." He says as he drags me to my closet.

"What..? Where are we going?" I ask as he sighs. "To hangout! It's obvious you've been hanging around here only to sulk for days. It's about time you go outside again." He says and I just stared in disbelief.

"But why..? I'm perfectly fine here..." I tried to reason but he just scoffed at me. "Really? Have you seen yourself in the mirror?"

He then pulls me inside the room of clothes and pulls me to my body mirror. And after days.. maybe weeks.. I saw myself in the mirror properly.. and I looked like trash.. eyebags.. disheveled hair.. pale skin... and now I had to admit it.. he was right..

I just sighed as I walked out of the closet. He tries to grab on me, but I just stopped him. "I'm taking my shower.. it's been a while since I had one.."