CHAPTER 11

CHAPTER 11: DREAM? OR NIGHTMARE?

MINA'S POV

"I feel like you didn't say the whole truth back downstairs... would you like to talk about it? With me alone..?" Jihyo says as I sigh and layed back down my bed.

I guess it's time to come clean...

"Well.. before I... talk... I really want you to be honest with me..." I said as I grab my bag. I tool the keychain out and the towel. She looks at themin confusion.

"Who... who is your cousin..?" I ask with tears forming in my eyes..

"His name is Jimin... Park Jimin.. why do you ask..?" She says and I felt my entire world crumple as I break down in tears in front of her.

"Mina! W-what's wrong?" Jihyo asks in panic as she pats my back as more tears.

"He... that guy... I have history with him.." I start and she sits straight.

"I'm listening..." she says as I took a deep breath.

"When I was 13, my parents wanted to try and spread their business here in Korea.. so we had to move... I went to the same school as your cousin and that's how we met... he was getting picked on and I manage to teach him to stand up for himself... but as I spent time with him... I started to feel soft... a bit too soft and I became mushy around him... but that was because... I liked him.." I explain as I try to not to shed more tears as Jihyo holds my hand.

"But then it went downhill for the both of us... I had to leave and go back to Japan for business reasons my parents never told me.. and it was the next day after my birthday... and when it was my birthday, that's when I told him the truth.. it's easy to say we both were badly hurt.. and at that night, we did.. things... and gave promises that I couldn't even do..." I explain as tears suddenly drops from my face and down my hands.

"What do you mean..?" She asks as I let more tears go.

"We promised that we'll never forget each other and maybe... work things out in the future.. but then.. I ended up breaking that promise and... tried to move on.." I explain and gives me a sad look.

"But... why?" She asks.

"When we left... there wasn't a night when I couldn't think of him... when I changed schools in Japan, it was never the same being the top student without his name next to mine. I wanted him and that made me weak and lose myself... and that's when I realised... I needed to move on..." I said and she furrows her eyebrows..

"When I turned 18, my parents' business raised and grew larger... and that's when they try to expand it and go to another country to spread it.. and they chose.. Thailand... it was really hard settling in.. especially because I didn't speak Thai... especially when it came to school. I didn't know why but when I attended this... school... a lot of guys wanted to date "the Japanese girl" and therefore tried to work things with me... and it was hard being alone most of the time. But I met this one girl who talked to me in English, she must've noticed that I had a hard time speaking their language... her name was Minnie and we became best friends after months of being together... but then, something bad had happen...

FLASHBACK

"Minari... I'm so very sorry.. but I need to leave.. it's quite important... can you leave on your own?" Minnie asks me as she fixes her things. I smiled and just nod.

"Of course.. I can manage getting home safely." I said as she also smiles and hugs me.

"Be careful, okay?" She asks and I nod.

"Of course." I said as she leaves.

*****

As I was walking near the park to the mansion my parents had here, some guys from our school began giving me looks. I decided to just ignore them and kept on walking. Then one guy got close and held my wrist.