Caught

Everleigh
The next few weeks went pretty much the same as the last one. I wake up feeling like shit from crying myself my sleep, force myself to get out of bed to go to breakfast so my friends don't worry and come down to the dungeons to get me. I eat a little at breakfast but probably not enough and then I sit through class, not taking notes and barely even paying attention. I have to remind myself that I have to eat enough food for two at dinner. By curfew, I'm usually in Reggie's room, re reading the letter he sent to me before he left for the cave, looking through our old pictures and crying.

I haven't told my father about any of it yet. I don't know how to tell him and I barely see my friends. When I do, I sit beside them and it's like i'm not even there. I'm numb.

I'm sitting at the breakfast table with some fruit in front of me. I'm the first one there because I could barely sleep and I got tired of trying to sleep so I came down to breakfast a little early.

I've been slowly eating some strawberries that a house elf gave me when he noticed me sitting at the table.

"I brought you some fruit so you don't have to wait for breakfast." The house elf said to me when he brought it out. It was really nice of him even though I wasn't really hungry.

The great hall began filling up with students and teachers not long after that and then the first one of my friends to show up was James. He strolls over to me with a huge smile on his face.

"Well good morning." He says, sitting down across from me, he's still smiling.

"Morning." I mumble.

"How are you this morning?" He asks.

"Apparently not as happy as you are." I jokingly say. "Why are you so smiley this morning?"

"I just had a good date last night, that's all." James says.

"Okay, no more details please."

"No worries." James says. "But seriously, how are you?"

"The same as usual I guess."

"I'm sorry to hear that. I wish I could help you more." James mumbles. I hate being the one who brings the mood down.. He's in such a good mood... I don't want to be the one who ruins it. I do have news that might make him smile.

"I do have some good news." I say. He lifts his head up so he can look at me.

"Yeah? What's this good news?"

"I haven't told anyone besides Andromeda and Sirius so you have to promise not to tell anyone else."

"I promise, now tell me."

"I'm pregnant." I whisper.

James stares at me blankly for a moment before racing over to the other side of the table and sits beside me. He pulls me into a hug as he says "Ah! I'm so happy for you! I assume i'm allowed to be happy about this because you said good news, right?"

"Yes, this is good news." I say as he hugs me.

"Ah! I'm so happy for you! I mean, the timing sucks but this is good news!! You're going to be the best mother." James says, still hugging me.

"Thank you James." I say.

"Do you know what the babies gender is yet?"

"No, I have a doctors appointment tomorrow but I don't know if I want to know yet."

"Who's taking you to the appointment?"

"No one, I'm going on my own."

"No you aren't. I'll take you or Sirius will. You don't have to do this alone." James says. Funny, that's exactly what Sirius told me when he found out too.