Shrieking Shack

Everleigh
"Where the fuck were you two last night? I waited for your owl to tell me you're back but I never got one." Sirius shouts the second he sees us.

He's standing outside of the astronomy tower and the second we turn the corner to head there, he starts shouting at us.

Oops.. maybe we should've just went to talk to him last night.

"Sorry, when we got back last night it was pretty late and Evie was exhausted so we just went to bed." Regulus explains to his brother who still looks very pissed off.

"You two are idiots. Next time just send me a damn owl saying you're going to bed and we'll meet in the morning."

"Sorry Si, we thought you'd be in bed by the time we got back. It was pretty late." I apologize.

"So, how did it go?" Sirius asks. I look to Reg and he shrugs his shoulders. Not helpful at all.

"How about we go up there and talk about it?" I suggest. Mostly because I want to watch the sunrise but also because people could be around and might overhear.

"But there's a lot of stairs and it's like 7 in the morning..." Sirius whines and Reg and I laugh at him.

"Come on."

Walking up the stairs has become less and less of a struggle for Reg and I because we do it every morning but Sirius never does it. The entire way up the stairs, he's whining and complaining while Reg and I laugh at him. It's funny when it's someone else complaining about all of the stairs.

Reg opens the door and the three of us enter. Reg sits down at the edge, against the wall where we sit every morning and I move to sit in between his legs. The same way we sit every morning while we read. Sirius sits across from us at the edge.

"So, how was the dinner?"

"It was-" I pause to think of the proper word for that encounter. "tense."

"Nothing new about that." Sirius jokes.

"The first thing they asked was if Evie was a pure blood Slytherin." Regulus tells his brother.

"What did they say when they found out she's Hufflepuff?"

"Father asked how much she knows about our families situation and gave me shit for not filling her in before bringing her there." Regulus explains.

"Then he went on to say he can look past me not being Slytherin as long as I support his beliefs basically." I continue where Reg stopped.

"But you don't." Sirius states. "Right?"

"I don't believe in the whole pure bloods are better than everyone else if that's what you're asking."

"I-" Sirius begins but I wasn't finished.

"You shouldn't even have to ask me that because my best friend is Lily."

"That's not what I was asking actually.." Sirius says awkwardly.

"Oh."

"If I know my parents, there's something else going on, especially if they're putting this much pressure on you all right now."