The Hall

Everleigh
Class with Regulus haven't been too bad since the day I ignored him. I decided to not ignore him but try my best to only speak about the work we're doing in class. Things haven't been too tense between us and he hasn't tried to do anything mean or say anything rude. I'm waiting for it to blow up in my face but so far, it hasn't.

Maybe I can trust Regulus... I'm not sure yet but maybe?

Of course Bella and her group of Slyterin bullies haven't stopped picking on me. It's getting ridiculous and exhausting.

Right now, I'm sitting outside of Slughorn's class waiting for people to show up. I'm early and sitting alone.

"Oh, look who it is." Severus says as he walks up to me.

No, no.

Not today.

Not right now.

"Not today, please." I say. Maybe saying please will show weakness but I'm too tired today to deal with him.

To my surprise, he sits down beside me.

"I'm not here to start anything with you." Severus says.

What game is he playing right now?

"Then what do you want?"

"I just have a question..." He says. "You're probably the only person I can ask."

"What's your question?"

Okay, now I'm curious.

"Do you know if James and Lily are dating? Or if Lily likes him?"

Oh. Lily...

"I don't think they're dating." I say. "I think James annoys her actually. They argue quite a bit."

"Oh, okay." He says.

"Lily?" I ask.

"Yeah..."

"You are aware she's muggle born, right?" I snap. It doesn't make sense. Him and his friends have been being on my case for four years now and now he's telling me that he likes her?

Are you kidding me?

"Yes, I am aware of that and it doesn't matter to me." he says. "You being friends with her doesn't matter to me either."

"Then why are you always being an ass to me?" I snap.

"It's how it has to be... Bella is intense." Severus admits. "I'm actually friends with Lily. I've been friends with her since before we got to Hogwarts but we've never told anyone about it."

"She's friends with you?" I ask. "She never told me that."

"Yeah, we promised each other that we wouldn't tell anyone about it." He explains.

"Well, if you two are friends... why don't you just ask her how she feels?"

"I don't know... I'm nervous." he admits.

"I don't know what to tell you." I say. "You should probably go before one of your friends see you."

"Thanks for hearing me out." Severus says. "I- I am sorry for how I treat you around Bella. I- Just know I don't mean any of it."

"I appreciate the apology." I say. "I hope things work out for you."

I'm not sure if Lily likes James but i'm also not sure if I can answer that honestly. I mean, I didn't know about her being friends with Severus... what else don't I know of..?

Next thing I know, Regulus is sitting beside me.

What is going on right now?

"What do you want?" I ask. I'm so tired of these Slytherins.

"Well... for one, you're early." He says. "and I saw Severus talking to you."

"Yeah, he was." I mumble.

"What was that about...?" He awkwardly asks.

"Not sure." I say. "It doesn't matter. What are you doing here so early?" I say to change the subject.

"I don't know." he admits. "I just felt like I should be here early."

I nod but don't respond. I don't exactly know how to talk to him and the fact that both of them are talking to me without saying something to piss me off.

-

Regulus
I was getting to class early because I wanted to avoid running in to Bella but when I got to the class, I see Severus sitting with Everleigh. They are talking but I can't hear what they're saying.

But what are they talking about...?

What could they possibly be talking about?

When he walks away, I make my way over to her awkwardly and slide down the wall.

"What do you want?" She asks. I can tell she's annoyed.

"Well.. for one, you're early." I say with a smirk. "And I saw Severus talking to you."

"Yeah, he was." She mumbles.

"What was that about...?" I awkwardly ask.

"Not sure." She says. "It doesn't matter. What are you doing here so early?"

"I don't know." I admit. "I just felt like I should be here early."

She doesn't respond but it's not as awkward anymore. We're just sitting here together in silence, waiting for Professor Slughorn to show up.

I can't stop thinking about what Severus wanted with Everleigh. It must have been important to speak with her in public. I know Severus and I know he wouldn't go against Bella. He's scared of her.

Slughorn finally showed up, and the rest of the class too. The class wasn't too awkward and she didn't ignore me, she hasn't been ignoring me for a while now. I wouldn't say we are friends, but it's better than it was.