Hufflepuff

Everleigh (A few weeks later)
Potions class is pretty much the only time I actually hangout with Regulus. In the halls we'll say hi to each other but for the most part nothing has changed. I still hangout with Lily and James during meals and sometimes Remus and Sirius sit with us but they ignore me.

Right now we're all sitting at the Gryffindor table eating dinner, James and Sirius are going on about something that happened in one of their classes and Remus, Lily and I are listening.

"What's going on with you and Regulus?" Lily whispers to me while the boys continue going on about their story.

"What? Nothing's going on."

"I know, you guys don't even hangout. I thought you guys were friends?"

"Yeah... I don't know why we haven't been hanging out. I guess neither of us really know how to ask the other."

"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." Lily says. "Just go over to him right now and sit down beside him."

I turn my head to the Slytherin table to see Regulus sitting at the end of the table, alone and reading.

"He's reading right now." I say, hoping to change the subject and move on.

"So what? Go over there and sit down." Lily demands.

"You're not going to give up on this one, are you?" I ask.

"No, not until you go over there." She says with a smirk.

"Fine." I mumble. "They're going to be mad though." I motion to the guys sitting around us.

"Oh who cares about them? They'll get over it. They do not get to decide how you spend your lunch. Especially when they ignore you every day."

Lily's right. They can't be mad at me when they chose to ignore me every day when all they have to do is talk to me. I'm sure we could've figured something out. If they want to act immature, I can do whatever I want and I shouldn't have to worry about their feelings.

Suddenly I stand up and say "See you later." which grabs the guys attention.

James smiles at me but the other two start asking where i'm going. Now they want to talk? I ignore them and start going towards the Slytherin table and sit down across from Regulus. He looks up from his book with a smirk.

"Hey Hufflepuff." He says, still smirking at me.

"Hey Slytherin." I reply.

"Can't decide what table you want to sit at today?" He asks.

"Something like that."

"They do not look happy." Regulus says as he points over to the Gryffindor table. I don't even need to turn around to know that they're definitely not happy.

"Oh well."

"Why mess things up with them again just to sit here with me?" He asks.

"Again? They never forgave me for the last time." I explain.

"What? But they've been sitting with you every day?" 

"They ignore me the entire time."

"That's fucked up." Regulus says. "In that case, you made the right decision coming over here."

"Oh, did I?" I tease.

"Why didn't you do it sooner?"

"I don't know. I thought if you wanted to hangout with me, you'd ask... except you never did."